The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Help needed to turn Bannco FRAGnStein dongle to Jailbreak device
Help needed to turn Bannco FRAGnStein dongle to Jailbreak device –
It is a nice work you all are doing!
Next day after I heard about PSGroove I opened dongle of my FRAGnStein controller (pictures attached). And I found AT90USB162 chip inside. FnS dongle as JB device will be a bit inconvenient while there is no custom firmware, cause if anyone wants to play FPS game on jailbroken PS3, he/she needs to put original FnS firmware after JB. But i hope for CFW for PS3 and for one tile JB FnS dongle would be very attractive device.
I spent a bit of my time making small discoveries of FnS firmware installer and found these things:
- installer is windows executable and fw images are stored as resources;
- fw images bytes inside resource are with reversed nibbles;
- I guess effective firmware size of all FnS firmwares are 12800 bytes - next bytes in resource are version and checksum? information;
- I guess Bannco are using own bootloader on dongle cause on windows system without driver installed dongle falls back to composite HID device (mouse and keyboard) - so i guess bootloader are communicating with driver and will stay in FW upgrade mode only if systems (driver) gives some original feedback.
Things needed to turn FnS (and probably other Bannco and Splitfish products) to JB device:
- some Atmel guru who can warrant that bootloader stay safe independently of fw (because of this fallback to normal HID devices I think that bootloader is more intelligent than Teensies' HalfKay or Atmel's DFU and I am affraid of bricking my FnS);
- to revers engineer info/checksum? part of windows resource;
- to replace original Bannco fw resource in windows executable with one built from PSGroove & co binary and additional info;
- JB your PS3 with FnS !!!
I am waiting for someone with expertise to confirm item #1. All other things seems very doable to me.
I attached newest FnS fw is someone want to look at it (this fw version restores FnS compatibility with new PS3 v3.50 fw). Remember that to get Atmels binary rom file you will need get first 12800 bytes and swap nibbles inside every byte. Full installer of FnS fw can be found at Bannco site
Last edited by antapetr; 09-26-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Reason: added link to installer at Bannco site