here's my steps:
my ps3 currently has no disc inside atm. i just updated to 3.41. using ipod video.
here was my process:
1. downloaded rockbox-psgroove installer and installed hermes4b for my ipod video 30gb 5th gen.
2. realized i needed rockbox so i downloaded and installed that onto ipod, then reopened rockbox-psgroove installer to reinstall (overwrite basically). then downloaded hermes4b for ipod video and stuck the new rockbox.ipod into the .rockbox folder.
3. power cycle ps3
4. hook up ipod to ps3, turn on ipod, reset using select+menu, selected psgroove from bluescreen (ipl loader), waited until i saw the menu with files,etc.
5. pressed ps3 power and then eject fast
6. fail! no new 2 options in games.
no idea why. basically, i have a loader.cfg file on my root, a psgroove folder with H4B.ipod file inside, and new rockbox file in rockbox folder. and thats it, rest all standard ipod folders.
also, if i fail the timing, should i turn off ipod and return on or is it ok to leave it in and powercycle the ps3?