The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Cannot get into Service mode with Ipod 4G Photo
Cannot get into Service mode with Ipod 4G Photo –
Like the title says, I cannot get my ipod 4G Photo get my phat 40Gb PS3. I'm trying to downgrade from 3.50 to the modded 3.41 version. Here's what I did:
- I have installed a fresh copy of Rockbox 3.7.1.
- Created a "PsGrade" folder at the ipod root directory
- Placed the ipod4gphoto version of rockbox.ipod
- Ejected ipod from computer
- Reboot ipod
- Plug in ipod to PS3 and go to Files>PsGrade folder
- Turn on the PS3 switch at the back
- Click on rockbox.ipod in the PsGrade folder
- Waited for rockbox to do a soft reboot
- After rockbox reboot, pressed power/eject sequence on PS3
- Waits for it to shut down automatically, but instead it loads to the regular XMB menu without the factory service mode banner
- Turned off PS3 with the PS button
- Pressed power button, hoping that on start up it will show the factory service banner
- Still boots into the regular XMB menu
Now I'm stuck... Help please???
Ok, I even tried it with an ipod video 5g, still the same results....
I've had luck by doing the following:
1. Turn on IPOD and plug into PS3 - IPOD should be at the boot selection screen
2. Turn on PS3 switch on back of PS3
3. Turn on PS3 and immediately push the eject button
4. Immediately select the psgrade option to boot rockbox after pushing the PS3 eject button - PS3 should turn on without going to XMB and turn itself off.
V14 with Duo3
^^ Hey that works! Thanks! It's all about timing!