The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Originally Posted by salieb76
If you want PM me and I'll remote into your puter with teamviewer and see what your doing wrong, or fix the issue for you.
Originally Posted by sid4975
thanks evilsperm. Im game. Let me know what to do to connect up.
well, with evilsperms help we confirmed that flashing is working fine. it has to be on the ps3 side. I am reloading 3.41 to confirm. I will post back with results when done.
Awesome keep us posted
Originally Posted by salieb76
im just letting you guys know ive tried on multiple ps3s.
first i tried my slim then my bros fat.
its not the ps3s. i have an xplain chip that i flashed in 30 seconds that worked fine on both them.
also i dont have any problems with flashing the chip either. atleast none that it says. it says it flashes fine and verify passed.
ive followed every guide i could find and tried a few different hex files. did everything multiple times (about 30) and nothing.
like i said though the xplain brings up the menu no problem but the blackcat does nothing. it brings up the homescreen but no loader or install options.
Sorry guys. Still no luck. Tried on another ps3 fat one this time. fresh update to 3.41, same result. Seriously tried every hex/tutorial/ remote help and same results. Who wants it for dev work?? Need an expert.
Thanks for the update as well sid. good to know im not loosing it! well sort of..
Yeah, I'm willing to send it off, too, just so I don't feel like I've wasted 40 bucks. Not really fair I can't get an exchange since its clearly a hardware issue, but I'm up for someone figuring out some sort of "solder method" to get it in and out of programming mode.
Hell, I'd be willing to send it to someone to manually flash the chip the hard way (I'm assuming that can be done still on these boards).
I'm with you Mdoggie. Sucks since all reports and links showed it was comparable. When I was buying it i was under the impression it was the tnisco version. Could have swore that was on one of the pics. And when I got it it was the ejtag version.
Anybody willing to check it out for the good of the group I will send it out. So you said basically no help from tscompusa with our issue?
EJTAG works –
Hey guys, I was actually having similar issues with the EJTAG version but i finally got mine working. The model i have is the Blackat 1.6 EJTAG. Here is what I did(some of these steps might not be needed, need someone to confirm):
Requirements: 32bit OS (I tested on XP 32bit)
1. Grab the Blackcat Build 250 USB software package from theoryshare website(google it, you will need to register)
2. Connect the Blackcat EJTAG, without DFU mode, to PC and point driver location to BlackcatUSBBuild250Package dir.
3. After it installs, switch the Blackcat EJTAG to DFU mode(2 switches on board get pushed to right). It should detect device and require another driver installation, point it to same dir and choose AT90USB162.inf
4. Launch the Blackcat.exe application and it should show the device as connected.
5. Click AVR Firmware tab then click Load File and choose the hex file you want to flash with.
6. When flash is done, click start application.
7. Close blackcat app and disconnect blackcat usb.
8. Connect blackcat to ps3 in DFU MODE.(That's right, leave the 2 switches pushed to right in DFU mode). It never worked for me when i took it out of DFU mode.
9. Unplug the PS3 then replug. Turn power on and immediately hold down eject until PS3 menu appears.
*Key differences from other blackcat versions
- The EJTAG version does NOT turn to a green LED. It stays Red at all times.
- Needs to be in DFU mode to work with the PS3
*Note you can also get Flip 3.4.1 to work with the EJTAG version but I was only able to get it to work AFTER i installed the blackcat 250 build software package. Also, if you do switch to the Flip AT90USB162 drivers, you must delete the old drivers from C:\Windows\System32 or they will conflict.
I may have missed a few things, it took me a few hours to get the damn thing to work. Hope this helps.
hmm, be glad to try that if it stays in DFU mode and works. Thanks for the tip.
Edit: Damn, didn't work for me. I'll keep trying this method, though, but still am pretty sure there's something faulty with my chip. Thing is, my switches STAY in DFU mode no matter what, so I can't really get out of DFU mode, no matter which way the switches are. When I put the switches to the left, one way or the other way, or both to the right...they all act the same way. Damn.
Last edited by MDoggie; 09-06-2010 at 07:32 PM.