The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
interesting. so that means derengel knows about the issue then also. he must of shortened the usb cable in the v1.7's now. I was selling 1.6's before I ran out and they had like 6ft usb cables.
Originally Posted by garyopa
Try to put only one switch on each side instead of both in the same side. Mine works like that. After press the button on the board and you pc can detect it
Originally Posted by the_legend2k10
I just tried this, but still no go. Weird...I have no idea what the problem is.
Originally Posted by johnelway
sell me one
Originally Posted by garyopa
Don't worry "psx-scene" will be doing something special next weekend for people still looking for devices.
Originally Posted by ashbuster
thats great news mate
OK, here are some new instructions that should definitely work with EJTAG 1.6.
Tested on Win7 X64
1. Switch your EJTAG to DFU mode.
2. Plug in your EJTAG to your PC.
3. You should now see the EJTAG show up as a Generic USB device(This is normal due to no drivers installed yet).
*Note: If it does not show up as a Generic USB. Remove all existing AT90USB162 drivers. If you experience Unknown Device then you will need to remove all power to your PC so the USB hub can be reset. If it still fails, try on a fresh install or another PC.
4. Grab the atmel signed x64 drivers located here : http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...9&d=1284419840
5. Open Device Manager -> Right-Click Computer Name on top -> Click Add Legacy Hardware -> Next -> Install hardware manually(Advanced) -> Show All Devices -> Browse to the driver location from step 4 -> Choose AT90USB162.
6. You should now see LibUSB-Win32 Devices with AT90USB162 in Device Manager.
7. Now that the drivers have been installed, press the reset button on your EJTAG. It should now show up as a AT90USB162 device under LibUSB-Win32.
8. Now that the EJTAG is working properly install the latest Flip 3.42 software.
9. Launch Flip and choose AT90USB162 then open up the USB connection.
10. All options should be available now. Load the hermesv1 hex, Flash, then click start application(DO NOT RESET).
11. Unplug the EJTAG and test.
*IMPORTANT: There are many variations of hex files and only one has worked for me which is hermesv1(not v2,not ++, not 1.1 etc). If you use the wrong one, it will not work.
Hope this helps.
Last edited by dan2009; 10-03-2010 at 12:57 PM.
I got my Blackcat USB JTAG Kit PCB v 1.7 today and I'mhaving problems flashing it.
I'm running Windows Vista and whenever I try to connect Flip 3.4.2 via USB to the Blackcat I get the following error. "Could not open USB device".
I have found reply's about how to fix it for Windows 7, but not Vista.
Try using the blackcat software instead of flip, some say it works better for blackcat.
Originally Posted by Sacohen
I did try that too.
I just get a message saying that it is not connected.
The drivers are installed.
I can't post a link to the picture, because I just registered, but here it is...
Last edited by Sacohen; 10-11-2010 at 01:44 PM.