this post helped greatly
had a basket case so to speak land on my table tonight
update stopping at 69%
then 20 min later yellow lighting
after a short reflow
started to put system together noticed drive was taken apart
rebuilt the drive as everything was wrong or missing including the magnet
still update a no go
read this post and replaced the ribbon and boom installed the update fully
now to get a game store to pay for all the repairs and parts shakes head
ylod and drive rebuild (sensor, magnet, cogs,springs and ribbon)
hi, i have a ps3 that was broken for ages with ylod then i got it reflowed and was seemed to be ok but when i went to update to 3.21 or maybe 3.41 it got stuck in the loop. the problem with this one is it was on 1.90 or 2.10 cant remember but i know it didnt have the recovery menu,what i want to know is
1. does this mean it is bricked forever or if i could get a dump of a ps3 hard drive that was on same firmware would i be able to save it?
2. also as this was a launch model 60gb does the fact that firmware is kept on flash instead of hard drive make any difference?
3. would it even be possible to find a dump of a ps3 hard drive that was on firmware 1.90 or 2.10 as no one i know is gonna be on old firmware like that,is there anyone out there that has been keeping dumps of thier drives all the way up through the firmwares,i doubt it but askin anyway as it might save my ps3?
4. would the psjailbreak help me if it boots code before looking to internal firmware,i only want to install a sony official update?
5. also if i got another launch model 60gb ps3 to exact same stage in updating, (ie firmware on drive and just rebooting to install) and then cloned drive usin pc and put it into my bricked ps3 would it continue the same or would the update already be signed or unique to the ps3 it was downloaded/copied onto in the first place?
thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer.
p.s after bricking it i found the bluray cable to be loose so the error that caused the loop has been fixed. some bollux that reflowed it never put it back properly!
but before i seen loose cable the hard drive had been formatted so im just getting a black screen now, proper brick i suppose. :(
Originally Posted by devil303
just bricked my ps3.. by the psp emu from ice team.. restoring default settings now.. but hdd led is not blinking.. other options say cannot acces hdd..
ps3 say restoring default settings.. do not turn off the system. but hdd led still no blinking.. more than 10 min now.. any help
if i take out hdd and format it on my laptop.. will this work..?
Try another hdd.
Originally Posted by j4m3s
You might have to remove the battery and wait 45 minutes, for it to forgot some of the start-up code that is cached by the battery.
yes but if i remove battery.. i have to remove waranty sticker..
if i remove hdd.. how do i format hdd fat or ntsc
i want to try.. no battery remove
Get a hairdryer and warm the sticker for 2-3 minutes so you can remove it without tear it apart.
still on restoring default.. no blinking hdd led.. is this ok or not