The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Six-Axis Is it of any use?
Six-Axis Is it of any use? –
Do you happen to use this function often? How many games take advantage of the six-axis and what difference does it make in-game?
I havent had the chance of utilizing it yet in the 3 games i've played so far.
Except briefly on Uncharted 1 where you tilt the controller in a few instances when crossing through tree branches...
well i guess its more than just vibration
here is what i found :
* Utilizes breakthrough technology and a highly sensitive motion sensing system so as the user moves the controller the game moves with it
* Features Bluetooth for wireless gameplay; the PlayStation®3 system can support up to seven wireless controllers at one time
* Can be swapped seamlessly from wireless to wired and automatically charged using the controller’s USB cable
* The shape of the L2/R2 buttons has been altered, enabling increased depth in stroke for more subtle control in games
* The tilting angle of the analog joy sticks has been slightly broadened to enable more delicate and more dynamic manipulation
* The information detection (R2/L2, analog joy stick) has been increased from 8 bit to 10 bit
That's a simple list that explains the changes of the ps3 controllers.
I'm just asking the specifics to the six-axis addition.
I'm looking for personal views on if it is of any significant importance.
i know it can be used to steer vehicles in gta, also used to set trajectory for grenades in uncharted 1 & 2, i quite like the way it works. i've seen quite a few games that use it in various ways.
In MGS4 you can use it to look out of a dumpster.
On LBP you can use it to move the characters head around (I love that game)
In Warhawk you can use it to fly the planes or drive any vehicle.
On Lair you can fly the dragon with it.
There is tonnes more but I cant remember.