The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Rebuild a CECHH01 or swap parts with CECHE01
Rebuild a CECHH01 or swap parts with CECHE01 –
So i have a dead CECHH01 lying at home, with everything else working except the motherboard/mainboard which is permanenet YLOD. I wanted to make it useful by looking out for a replacement motherboard for it (have looked on Ebay and other places, aint no luck yet if someone knows any other source where I can get one then please do mention it). The motherboard model is DIA-001 (according to PS#DevWiki). Just in case I am able to find a working motherboard , I have the follwing queries,
Can I re-marry or reuse all of the following components from my old PS3 unit with the new working board. If there is any special procedure requried, then I would appreciate if you can help me with a guide about how to do it.
1. Wi/FI and Bluetooth mini board.
2. BluRay drive (working from the old unit).
3. All jigs, fixtures, top/bottom body covers, heatsink (of course everything would fit in I believe).
4. Power Supply .
Otherwise, i have the possibility of getting a CECHE01 with the following items,
CECHE01 motherboard fitted in bottom half of the body/skeleton (no top cover)
Matching blu ray logic board
Fat ribbon cable
Blu ray power cable
Power supply power cable
Power/Eject logic board
So in case I get this unit can I make the following part work with it from my old CECHH01 unit.
1. I know that the top cover will not fit it , because the CECHE01 has a opening latch to access the memory card reader. So i guess i need to find a matching top cover..corrrect ?
2. Bluray drive (assuming i would get the logic board in the deal, will the new logic board would be seamlessly replaced in my old bluray drive to make it work).
3. Power supply from CECHH01 , will it fit it in this CECHE01.
Thanks a lot for reading, have tried finding answers myself , however was unable, so would really appreciate the help over here.