The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
ps3 controller on pc snes
ps3 controller on pc snes –
i posted this in the help and support section but idk how many of you check their so i thought id post here to. I hope someone has gotten this to work and can help me iv been trying to get this to work for 2 days now.Ok i have gotten my ps3 controller to work in an snes emulator with only one problem the diagonal direction dosent work.Iv looked and followed a number of tutorials and none seems to have my problem.When i map the key pad to the snes controller in the directional buttons only show up as up,down,left or right not up and left or up and right.Has anyone gotten this to work and if so can you give me a quick tut on what you did.Tnks.
I think you can do ps3 controller on your pc snes again as follow:
- Connect your PS3 controller to your computer that has your SNES emulator installed on it. Download and install the MotioninJoy drivers from the developer's website.
- Open MotioninJoy and single-click the "Load" option from the MotioninJoy main window. The PS3 controller's drivers will be installed. The PS3 controller can now be used as a computer game pad.
- Open the SNES emulator and single click the "Input" option at the top of the main SNES window. Single-click the "Input Configuration" option from the context menu that comes up. A window with all the SNES controller's buttons displayed will come up.
- Single-click each button and press the button on the PS3 controller you want to use for that particular button. Continue through the entire list until you have mapped out each SNES button to a PS3 controller button.
- Single-click "OK" and start an SNES game using the emulator. You are now controlling the game with the PS3 controller.
Because i can't post link, so i copy the steps from the net.
Don't be discouraged, try again!
Hope this helps!
Which emulator, and have you tried an external program that maps your joystick to keyboard keys then passes them to the emulator? Something like JoyToKey?
Luna 01 iv tried that and the controller works fine its just the diagonal directions.Psxscenefan1 iv used snes9x and zsnes with the same prob. iv heard of joytokey but i havent experimented with it yet but i guess ill give that a try.games that dont require diagonal directions like super mario or donkey kong country work great but when i try to play gradius 3 its pretty much worthless without the diagonal direction.
i havent tried the joy2key app but just wondering if anyone has used this for the purpose im trying to achieve.Or if anyone has even gotten the diagonal buttons to work perfectly with an snes emulator on pc.
I posted reply in help section, I use 2 sixaxis on zsnes with no probs. I use the driver libusb0 . d l l and run ps3sixaxis_en . e x e before running zsnes.
Also do the diagonals not work only when you are pressing another button or do they not work AT ALL ? Because I remember I had a problem with DOS games where it would'nt recognise cursor key diagonals while pressing another key. ZSNES has no individual mappable diagonal controls, it just uses a combination of left+down etc to go left/down. The original SNES' would have also functioned in this way.
BTW When I map the keys, I use the dpad for the directions (better IMO), while playing the analogues dont respond.