My SLIM PS3 ESATA HDD DOCK SETUP (WITH PICS) –
Prices Ive listed are in CAN$
My Hacked PS3 setup:
- PS3 Slim with Move Bundle (Rebug 3.55.1 CFW) - $250.00 off eBay
- 2 2TB EXT. HDD's (FAT32) - $160.00 for Both
- 2 750GB Seagate 2.5" SATA HDD - $140.00 for Both
- 1 320GB Toshiba 2.5" SATA HDD - Free with PS3
- 1 200GB Seagate 3.5" SATA HDD - Free ( Tore it out of an old comp.)
- 1 Male SATA to ESATA cord - $8 off of Amazon.com
- 1 Eagle Consus 2.5"/3.5" SATA to USB/ESATA Dock - 25$ local comp. store
I have a total of 6TB to play around with.
Here's images of the HDD Dock I have connected to the PS3 via ESATA.
The dock will accept 2.5" and 3.5" HDD's, When Im switching HDD's, the dock reminds me of the old N64/SEGA Days with cartridges.
Here's an image of the back of the Dock, You can see I can use this for more than one thing. It can also sub as an External Harddrive Enclosure when I Dock a non PS3 encrypted HDD and connect via usb to the PS3. Theres a good shot of the (Male SATA to ESATA Cable) that is connected to the PS3.
The ESATA Cable didnt have a secure connection when attached to the PS3, so I used Double Sided Mounting Tape within the HDD Bay to keep the cord from moving around.
For a total around $600 Canadian for this setup without PSP, it was worth every penny spent
Last edited by 2legit2quit; 05-31-2011 at 03:45 PM.
80GB CECH-E01 PHAT BC $ony Refurb. FEB '11 with A.Silver 5 applied
- OFW 3.61
750GB CECH-2501B SLIM w Move Bundle - REBUG 3.55.1 CFW. ESATA HDD Dock