I need some info about updating
Sorry for making this thread, but i'm still on 3.41 and a bit scared of upgrading to kmeaw, i got, i think all the things i need, but still unsure, so i'd like to get some advices
1) do i need an ofw based on the version my ps3 is? meaning, if i am european, do i need a pal one ? (would it brick if i casually downloaded the one given with most packs and it turned out to be usa?)
2) i did read that deleting gaia manager (it is quite old and i presume it won't update to the new one, also i'd like to use rogero, so no meaning in keeping it, maybe) or other "starters" will also delete everything on the folder they uses, is it true? there is a way to prevent it ? uploading things really is time consuming, and last time i got a couple of errors so i had to upload some files one by one...
3) does the blackbox ftp still works on 3.55 or will i need to use something else ? i happened to read that it's signed and just want to confirm it, i don't like surprises...
4) just to confirm, the right sequence is: ofw 55 -> recovery mode -> cfw, now here's some questions about lv2 , do i need to install it ? and do i need to do it every time i boot my ps3 ? i got lv2v6 it's the latest, right ?
5) and last, i did read in a recent topic that "we can get online", now, how can i do it ? i'd really love to download a lot of dlcs >_>
sorry again for the question shower and Thank you very much