The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
I have OFW 3.55, but want to play 3.56+ games AND keep the option to jailbreak
I have OFW 3.55, but want to play 3.56+ games AND keep the option to jailbreak –
I'm pretty new here, but I know you guys know your stuff. So, I have a dilemma that I'd like an educated opinion on and a recommendation of options I have at my disposal
I have a PS3 on 3.55 Official firmware that I've not upgraded after reading a good article that explained why it's such a good idea not to (we have Sony's private keys for signing firmware/games/etc). I have been quite content playing my games with the official firmware, off-line, for a while and have always wanted the ability to get my PS3 running linux (I did this before) in the future, should I need it.
Yesterday this changed when I purchased a new game; Tiger Woods 12. This requires 3.56 to play, and I know I can't upgrade to this without losing lots of options!
What I'd like to know is: What are my options going forward. Here's what I think I can do:
- Upgrade to 3.60, continue playing my games legally, play online (when PSN comes back on) and lose ability to jailbreak/CFW/etc, possibly forever.
- Install custom firmware, copy games onto hard drive, patch eboot(?) to allow 3.55 play, start pirating everything because it's so cheap/convenient, get linux back.
- Do nothing, sell game and play slightly older one (Tiger Woods 11) but be sad, retain ability to hack everything in the future, should I want to.
What would be the best option for me to do?
And: Is there a way to use 3.55 cfw that has the 3.56 keys needed to decrypt the game? This would be my ideal solution
Hope this (and subsequent replies) will be useful to people in my current situation.
P.S. I have no real problem with the backup's solution, but would prefer to keep things legal
you have 2 choices:
1. Upgrade to 3.60 (or the latest when PSN is up) and use your PS3 like you always did
2. Upgrade to 3.55 Kmeaw CFW and play games till 3.55 & use homebrew. Wait till there's a 3.56+ game sollution.
If you choose the 2nd, you can always go OFW when you're tired of waiting for 3.56+ game sollution.
we Dont condone ANY pirating on this site. be best to go with cfw 3.55 kw. with mm 20
3.56 games work(maybe there is a couple that dont) on 3.55 CFW, but in most cases you would need to back them up 1st so that you can modify the Eboot via the ebootmod tool. Also I'm pretty sure that Rebug FW does this too. The games that dont work at the moment are 3.60 games(apart from Brink thanks to S**Y and their patch) which atm isnt many games.
I own Fight Night Champiion and Shift 2 Unleashed both of which are 3.56 in my region and they work fine on my CFW PS3
What the person above me said.
As far as i know ALL 3.56 games can be played on 3.55.