After a first YLOD, I bought a slim and made a nice COOL coolinfpad for it. I couldnt fine a nice one at the online store and decided to make one. The result is great, the PS3 runs much cooler
Sorry for the typo, I'm from Holland
Here is a small tut...
At the bottem of your ps3 (slim) you see the airintake between these lines
The parts what I have used are:
2 aliminium plates 40cm x 30cm
These Xilence 120mmfans are very quit
Led light strips to pimp the cooler
Something for the bottem of your pad to lift it
-Some wires and a transparant placemat
After all the parts, I started to use my imagination
1. Place the ledstrips on the plate with sided adhesive tape
2. The green tape on each corner is to prevent the fans from vibrating when toching the aliminium plates
3. Fasten your fans on one of the aliminium plates with the buttons or screws, in the line of the airintake from your PS3
Attachment 38369 Attachment 38370
4. Connect all the red wires (+) and the black wires (-) together
5. Connect the wires for safety with these. The other side is for +/- of your power adapter
6. Put the power button through one of the holes of the plate and fasten with the button cap. You may need to make the hole bigger.
7. You can connect the wires of the on/off swith between one wire of your power adapter to let the switch work
9. Fasten your second aliminium plate to the fans with the butons/screws
8. For the edges between the plates you can simple cut a tranparant placemat in size and close it, fasten with the power tape.
9. So it looks like this
Attachment 38378 Attachment 38379
This is the result.
Attachment 38381 Attachment 38380
Greetzzz from Holland