Playstation 3 Proxyserver Tutorial For Installing Games Via PC version 1.1
PC INSTRUCTIONS PART 1
1. Open up network connection on your PC
2. Right click on the connection you are using (wireless or direct connect both work fine), and click status.
3. Click the Support tab at the top.
4. Take note of your IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway. (Always check your IP Address when doing this, the rest shouldn't change.)
5. Turn on your PS3
6. Go to settings then down to network settings
7. Go to Internet Connection Settings, pick yes when asked if you want to continue
8. Pick if you are wired or wireless, press right
9. Pick custom Address Settings, press right
10. Auto-Detect the operation mode of the network device, press right
11. Ip Address Setting pick Auto.
12.Pick auto MTU, press right
13. Pick Proxy Use, press right
14. Enter the IP address of your computer (IP Address from step 4)
15. Pick UpNp enabled (doesn't matter much)
16. Confirm settings
17. Don't test, and go back to the normal PS3 Menu (aka XMB)
PC INSTRUCTIONS PART 2
18. Download the PS3 ProxyServer Installer from here http://www.sendspace.com/file/iu4jj2
19. Install that
20. Run it (you may have to find it in your program files listed under C:/program files and then it will be in a bunch of Chinese? letters) Then the file will be PS3.Proxyserver.gui
21. Once the program is open you will see IP followed by Chinese letters. Enter your computers IP here (found in step 4)
22. Leave the 8080 there
23. Check the box beside the PS3 followed by Chinese Letters, and then click the big box with Chinese letters in it, the Chinese word will switch when the button is clicked.
PS3 INSTRUCTIONS PART 2
24. Go to the PS3 store (if it loads YOU'RE GOOD, and so am I.)
25. Go to the demos and download any demo till it hits 1% aka one percent
PC INSTRUCTIONS PART 3
26. Go back to the PS3 ProxyServer program, and click the second tab at the top.
27. If all goes well you will see two identical website addresses
28. Copy one of the addresses
29. Open the third tab and click the button on the right with Chinese letters
30. Then on the left paste the Address you copied in step 34
31. Open a web browser and download what you are going to be installing to the PS3 (E.G GRIPSHIFT)
32. Open one of these in a web browser and download the file to someplace you will remember
33. Keep the file the default name it sends
34. After downloading go back to the PS3 ProxyServer GUI, and on the third tab, click the little dot to the right of the right box.
35. Locate your file that you want to install, click it, and then click open
PS3 INSTRUCTIONS PART 3
36. Go back to the playstation store
37. Go to the demo you downloaded only 1% of earlier
38. Download it again (only this time it will download the file from your PC that you downloaded in step 32 and install that)
If all goes well the game/demo should install, though many appear unworking, but keep working!
edited guide version 1.1 by DimmuJed from PS3News.com
thx to killerham for this! =D