I have done some searching on the forum ref- HDD Corrupt Message when you turn on the PS3. I took my drive out (500GB Samsung - Only 2 Months Old) and formatted in Windows, then put back in the PS3 and let it format, re-ripped a few of my games and everything seemed fine.... BUT.. I turned the system on again last night and get the message again of Corrupted Data/HDD. I have ordered another 500GB Drive (WD Scorpio Blue I saw recommended online) but I was just wondering if the Corrupt HDD warnings could be indicitive of something else?
When I have the Samsung Drive in my PC I dont seem to be getting any errors (using it as a data drive). Just dont want the new drive to turn up and I start getting the same errors...
First of all I am just going to give you a possible solution of what has worked for me and my friends in the past. Do it at your own risk. I personally do this every now and then and have never had an issue. I had a friend with a corrupt hdd and he did this and it worked for him.
(I never tried this with a jailbreak dongle in so its probably best to remove one if its plugged in)
- Turn the ps3 off (not switched off just normal off), press and hold the power button until you hear 3 beeps then release, should turn off on the last beep.
- Again press and hold the power button until you hear 3 beeps then release.
- You will have to plug in your ps3 controller to the ps3 with a usb cable.
- You will be given a menu, select the 3rd one which should be "restore file system". if you have it it will detect your hdmi at this point just hit yes and continue.
- It will tell you your hdd is corrupt I want to stress that at this point on any ps3 it will always say that it is corrupt. Don't worry just continue on and let the ps3 repair it, takes about 5-10 min then it reboots into your xmb.
You corrupt hdd should be fixed.