The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
brand new slim PS3 hdd upgrade help (noob)
brand new slim PS3 hdd upgrade help (noob) –
hello all. a noob question here. my brand new 160GB slim PS3 is in the mail and I have a brand new Seagate Momentus 5400.7 SATA 640GB 2.5IN 5400RPM 8MB waiting for it.
since I've never owned a PS3 I wanted to check ahead of time what the recommended procedure for the hard drive swap was. a general order of things if you will.
- do I swap the drives before I turn the PS3 on the first time ?
- do I need to do anything before swapping the drives ?
- is there a decent tut or video for the swapping procedure ?
- do I need any special tools ?
- additional tip/tricks/hints are welcomed
I am planning on using a CFW after I'm done with the drives (or during if that's recommended)
1) You can but it doesn't matter.
3) Tons of videos on Youtube
4) A Phillips screwdriver
5) Due the blue screw by hand and very carefully.