backing up itunes collection to ps3! –
well for those of u who dont know how to do this, its pretty simple..
disclamer: well u know the drill... not 4 illigal stuff im not liable etc...and i only tryed this on a mac so the windows method should be almost the same..
1. get a hd, flash drive, or some kind of storage thing like cd's, etc
2. go to /user/ur name/music/itunes/ itunes music
3. back tat folder up
4. take tat storage device and put it on ur ps3
5. go over to the music icon, go over the storage devide, press triangle on the controller --> display all
6. navagate to the itunes folder tat u saved on ur storage device
7. dont open the whole folder unless u wanna backup certein stuff
8. triangle--> copy
9. u get some thing about copyright stuff and whatnot but it still works.
10. should work..
all u do is hover over the video icon, triangle ur storage device, display all, and so on..
now the max tat i have tested is 17gb of video and 8gb of music...go beyond tat and it has probs and u might have to do a restart of it (i.e. fresh from box set-up, happened to me 2-3 times) so if tat happens, transfer them in small groups (i.e. 6gb per transfer) HOPE THIS HELPS SAVE SOME DISCS!!!
btw i'll include a windows version of this soon when i get back to work next week
FW: 3.10 OE