The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Aldo's cheat editor 2.4.2 and editing eboots for cheats
Aldo's cheat editor 2.4.2 and editing eboots for cheats –
was wondering if i was doing something wrong.
just to see if it works i am trying medal of honor BLUS30990
i have followed these steps..
How to add the cheat codes to an EBOOT? By Aldo
1. Download, install & run PS3 Cheats Editor 2.4.1
2. Select a game from the database
3. Select the cheats that you want to apply (use Ctrl+click to select multiple cheats)
4. Press Ctrl+E to select the EBOOT.BIN of the game to be patched (make sure that it is the same version)
5. Press Ctrl+P to apply the selected cheats
6. Press Ctrl+J to save the patched EBOOT.ELF as EBOOT.BIN
7. Copy the EBOOT.BIN to the USRDIR folder (if it is a retail eboot) or make a PKG if it is a PSN game or update EBOOT
Options for 4, 5 & 6 are available in the context menu found at the bottom-right of the window (hover the mouse over the Patch ELF button)
not sure if bug on my side but i can only decrypt eboot.elfs and when i go to save(make self)there is no confirmation of file successfully saved.
can anyone confirm this working for rogero 4.30 (latest release)
thanX in advance!
Hello, I've been trying to apply cheats to an eboot using the PS3 Cheat Editor included with the ps3 tools. Before I explain the problem let me explain the steps I've taken to attempt this.
1. After getting the Eboot (Off the disk w/ full backup) I decrypt it with the scetool.
2. I select the cheats in the Ps3 cheat editor and patch them to the eboot and then close the eboot out.
3. Then I reencrypt the eboot using TrueAncestor SELF Resigner v1.85 (Using Option 2) and then put it in the USRDIR folder of my backup.
4. Then I create the disc image on my flash drive using the Disc Image Generator.
After doing this on OFW Dex 4.25, I run the game from the flash drive and it runs like normal. However the cheats will not activate. I attempted to use this tutorial but whenever I try to open the eboot in the ps3 editor when it is not decrypted it gives me an error saying that it can't decrypt it. The game I'm trying to patch is White Knight Chronicles 2. Can anyone explain to me what I'm doing wrong?
Second off, can someone explain to me how to apply said cheats to a patch? If possible I'd rather do it that way instead of using a backup of the game. Both explanations will be appreciated.
as for first ?, It appears WKC2 has an update, if you have applied the update the eboot the game actually uses now is probably in dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30784/USRDIR, you'll have to FTP it or copy it to a flash drive to get it on your computer to edit it. follow steps as normal and when done (eboot should be signed as UEXEC if possible) put it back in dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30784/USRDIR
Originally Posted by SiphX2012
Though I'm not sure if the cheats available are for the 1.00 eboot or the 1.01 eboot.
Not to take the thread off topic too much, but I am not sure if this tool can do this or not, but I was hoping to make some cheats for Transformers War for Cybertron. I notice their is nothing already made in the database. Is this possible for me to do this easily enough on my own? Any help is appreciated as I have been stuck on chapter 8 for a very long time so much so that I have given up beating the game for the time being.
Thanks for the advice
As far as I know, my ps3 has never had an undetected error.
I tried doing that, and the eboot in "game" being modified resulted in the game giving me a black screen after the warning screens and the inability to load the PS3 overlay (spinning circle).
Originally Posted by BerserkLeon
Modifying the "Games" eboot, allowed the game to run. This is for 1.01. Codes seem to not work.