The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Post By indirect76
Post By indirect76
8002f147 error –
ok so my mate is trying to update from 2.30 to 3.55 but it freezes at 4% no matter what way he tries, ive seen people say to do this
1. downloaded the update again and brought it home from work on a cd
2. put it on a different branded, freshly formatted flash drive... it's an old cheapo that shows up as a Lexar Geyser
3. booted the PS3 - it tried and failed the update
4. turned it off
5. pulled out the hdd and tried to boot it with no hdd - this might sound ignorant (i know very little about PS3) but i figured this might clear the cached 42% of the update or something? the PS3 returned the message "could not find the correct hdd. can not start" or similar
6. put the hdd back in and booted (with the flash drive in the usb port)
7. my wife said - ooh i haven't seen it reach 45% before.... i said oooh it's at 50%
8. bam! 100% - PS3 rebooted and it's all good and well.
which is what ive suggested to him, but if that fails ive seen this
take out the hard drive
connect hard drive to pc (running windows 7 64bit, but any windows os should work without other software)
open up disk management - in win7 it asked me to make a master book record, so I did.
format in NTSF - that's right, NTSF - don't use quick format
get the rom of whatever version you were on before you upgraded - i had to search, but i found the us 3.30 rom
copy that rom to usb drive in folders PS3 ==> UPDATE ==> put rom named PS3UPDAT(dot)PUP here
shut down pc, take out hd, take usb drive too
put hd back in ps3, put usb stick in ps3
a screen will pop up. press select + start
another screen (i think) later, press select + start
configure your ps3 setup - done
but is the second one safe on a ps3 with such a low firmware???
ps i had to use (dot) because it kept telling me off for posting a link lol
Have you tried installing from the recovery menu?
i didnt think fw less 2.50 had recovery mode
Oh, that may be. My PS3 shipped with 3.50 so I'm not familiar with firmware features below that.
nor me mine had 2.85 . ithink and it went straight to 3.55 lol, but that was the first thing i ask him to try but he said it didnt have it