The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
I wonder if Rag got sick or something...
Here's hoping he just hasn't been online.
Come to think of it, haven't seen KarasQ post anything yet either, then again, he doen't post as much as Rag does.
We still await patiently.
Chill down guys. Ragnarok often goes offline, sometimes even for months.
This does not mean he is not working, it is just real life (tm)
Originally Posted by protomank
But yeah, he's just busy. He'll make a post when he has something to tell us, and I believe that will happen much sooner rather than later.
Yeah, and I'm not too worried there.
Originally Posted by Permanence
Also, disregard my comment about KarasQ not posting. About a half-hour later he posted that not only has the sound core been fixed for the next release of InfoGB but he's made it faster with some trouble titles too
Go ps2 coders!
Sorry, I've been busy with quite a few things.
I upgraded catalyst, my graphics driver, on Archlinux some days ago and the tearing issue that's been there since I bought this video card, two years ago, was just gone. I've been investigating it but it doesn't seem like anyone else yet has reported the same.
Other than that, I've been working on the ps2/Snes9x mixed init code which is kind of a mess. Some things need deinitializing/reinitializing between roms, I think. At least, that's what other ports do, probably to clear out old data. After I get this all organized, I should be able to start testing the game loop and get the new sound code working.
WoW! Great news
Originally Posted by personuser
I got to the point where I could start testing the loop, but there is something wrong with the rom loading code, as I get an error that no header was found. I'm pretty sure the header is fine, but there seems to be a problem with reading the rom. The rest of the init code, configuration, input, sound/APU, graphics, all returned fine.
Sounds like it won't be long then besides some pesky bugs .
Yep, . I managed to fix it by comparing results between the commandline snes9x version and the ps2 version. The default setting on the PC was to force a header, and for some reason, the default was set to force no header in the source I have. I switched that around and it worked. I don't get any output from the fileXio* versions of the file routines, which kind of threw me off the trail.
Now I can start testing the game loop and experimenting with the new APU.
Fantastic! Keep at it, we're all behind you 110%.
Originally Posted by ragnarok2040