I finally got my ps2client/ps2link setup working again through my router.
I had to update the hdd modules because the modules that came with the pgen source was freezing my ps2. Probably because my ps2sdk version was too new and incompatible. It's working now, though. The "Hard Drive" option isn't displaying a list of partitions and errors out. I'll work more on it tomorrow if I can't fix it tonight, . It took me a long while to find the thing on which I wrote my ps2's mac address. Most of the code I've written for ps2sdk didn't need to be tested on a real PS2, except for the SMODE1 changing, and I haven't tested that yet.