The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
From disc to flash –
Hi everyone. I use BRL (Black Rhino Linux) for a week, and there i has a question: How to instal BRL to flashdrive without flash drive images?
The easiest way is this: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f167/rel...tml#post990932 (Release: PS2 Linux Live DVD Version 3)
The better way is this: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f167/rel...50/#post987972 (Release: PS2 Linux Live DVD Version 3)
But this is not for slim PSTwo v14 and higher and it is more complicated. This was written for IDE, but it also works for USB sticks. You should disconnect the hard disc of your PC, because wrong commands can delete data on the hard disc. Step 3, 15 and 16 are different for USB:
3. Create partitions with fdisk (don't create a GPT partition table with gparted or similar):
- 1. partition: FAT partition (e.g. 128 MByte)
- 2. partition: swap partition (e.g. 128 MByte)
- 3. partition: root file system (remaining hard disc)
Execute the following command:
NOTE: Replace "DEVICENODE" by your real device node (e.g. sdc1).
NOTE: The device nodes are different for USB. The partition number is increased, so sdc1 would be now sdc2 and sdc2 would be sdc3. hda1 is now sda2. hda2 is now sda3.
15. Set initrd.usb2.gz as initrd (Download initrd.usb2.gz).
16. Select "Set to initrd" in kernelloader.
Add kernel parameter: