I finally got it to work!!!
And I found a PAL to NTSC converter on the SKS apps site, I havent tried it out yet but if it does this is gonna be AWESOME!!!
By the way, I made a kind of step by step tutorial to remind myself of the way I did it in the future:
Tools youll need:
A cheap USB memory stick - (I have a 512 MB one but I never need that much
the larger the MB size the longer it may take to find files on it with the Codebreaker CD tool your using)
ORIGINAL PS1 game (Im using Syphon Filter 3)
ORIGINAL Action Replay MAX/ Codebreaker / GameShark CD
Memory card with around 4 megabytes of free space (depending on the number of ELF files you want on your memory card)
NOTE: this guide wont help you as much when using any other Codebreaker program other than Action Replay MAX
Pre Installation Downloads:
uLaunchElf v4.xx for browsing through PS2 folders via memory card/Mass storage device or Hard Drive and executing *.ELF files
Independence compiler4.1 for making a save file that unpacks onto your memory card with ULAUNCHELF that will then run whenever the original PS1 CD game is inserted
PS2SaveBuilder08x for use after Independence Compiler 4.1. Makes the file become a recognized format of AR MAX/Code Breaker/Game Shark CD so it can read it and write it onto your memory card.
Free MCBOOT1.x after ULAUNCHELF is installed, you can now browse your flash drive or any drive and browse through any folder
thus running FREE_MCBOOT.ELF with ease right off the flash drive and installing it onto your memory card
Link to FMCB 1.7 installer: look for it at http://www.psx-scene.com
*COGSWAP.ELF Optional. A more complicated method to running PS2 backups just in case but not necessary. Still good to have J.I.C. though.
After Installation of Free MC Boot Download:
MementoFW_11 to patch PS2 .iso files before they are burned onto a DVD
Alcohol 120% - to burn the iso file to a DVD
Goal: to get UlaunchELF onto your memory card (Boot.ELF file) so you can then install FREE_MCBOOT.ELF
Part I using Independence & PS2SaveBuilder08x
- Step 1. Insert original PS1 CD into your computer drive and then stat up independencecompiler4.1.exe
- Step 2. Click [Title.DB] tab Select the drive that your PS1 disc is in[Get ID From CD] [Add to Title.DB]
- Step 3. Click [Loader] tab Select Otherfind your BOOT.ELF file and press open.
*Step 3.5 click on [Files] tab click [Browse for file]Select any other .ELF files you would like to add *COGSWAP.ELF*click [Add] click on [IP Options] tabSelect No if your ps2 is not on a network (otherwise I have no clue)
- Step 4. Click [Region] tab Select NTSC for North America or PAL for Europe/Australiaclick on [Extras] tab.
- Step 5. click [Extras] tab set size to 0 click on [Create Exploit] tab Output Format = Memory Card (XPS)[Create Exploit!]
An XPS file has been built here: C:\IsCentral\ [OK], [close], [Exit Independence Compiler]
- Step 6. open up [ps2save-builder.exe] [File][Open
] C:\IsCentral\IsCentral.xps[File][Save As
]Save as type (*.max) for Action Replay Max, (*.CBS) for Codebreaker or as (*.SPS) for Game Shark (not 100% sure about GS or CB though)
Part II Action Replay MAX, USB stick & Memory Card
- Step 1. Copy the IsCentral.max file (or .SPS/.CBS depending on which Codebreaker CD tool your using) to your USB memory stick
*Note: it will help if your USB stick has nothing on it before putting your new file onto it. Else it may take too long for your Codebreaker tool to find the file its looking for.
- Step 2. Take out the USB memory stick from your computer, put in your AR MAX/Code Breaker/Game Shark CD tool into your PS2 and let it load up. In AR MAX (again not sure what CB/GS menu looks like because I dont have it) go to [MAX MEMORY]. Now insert your USB memory stick into your PS2 USB drive (any 1) and then click on [MY DEVICES] and first go to your Memory Card that you want to put your new file on.
- Step 3. Now you should see a list of all your save-game files, (unless you never used this memory card) a Your System Configuration file and a Action Replay MAX settings file.
Make sure all files that say Your System Configuration ONLY are removed (because otherwise that file that you just made wont copy to your memory card because it will think that you already have it since it has the same name)
So just make sure those filenames are highlighted and then press X to select them and then select [Delete] over on the right
- Step 4. Now go back and this time Highlight your USB flash drive to open it up. Let it load, you may have to wait a while
you will see a picture of a magnifying glass moving around a book right beside where it says [Device Contents] that shows you that it is still finding everything on the USB drive. There will be one file that comes up that has no name but kind of looks like a G or a Q with a line through it right beside the select box.
*Note: if nothing comes up and theres no picture of a magnifying glass with a book beside the Device Contents just take out your USB and put it back in the other USB port and let it browse to try and look for the file again. Hopefully it will come up, if not it may be that the file is either not a .MAX or possibly
- Step 5. Select that file and go to [UNCRUSH] press  on the D-Pad and press [X] on [UNCRUSH TO MC 1] or [UNCRUSH TO MC 2]
Are you sure you want to Uncrush these files? [Yes]
Now wait for it to read and write everything to your Memory Card (it may take a minute or two)
After transferring the file to your Memory Card, you can now take out Action Replay and turn off your PS2.
Part III PS1 Game + uLaunchElf
***NOTE: I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN, THE PS1 GAME HAS TO BE AN ORIGINAL CD FOR THIS TO WORK
.IF NOT YOU NEED TO REPEAT THE PROCESS STARTING FROM PART I AGAIN!!!
- Step 1. turn on your PS2 and insert the PS1 disc that you used in Part I and the screen should turn white and you will see a list that looks something like this:
SELECT: Configure uLaunchELF
LEFT: Load lower CNF file
RIGHT: Load higher CNF file
(it may look different if your using a different version of uLaunchELF, Im using 4.16)
Just test this out so you get the Idea of it:
Press [O]highlight which memory card your file is on (mc0:/ or mc1:/ ) and press [O]BADATA-SYSTEM/ BOOT.ELF[O] button
(it will just reboot the program, nothing special but now you get the idea how to explore and use .ELF files)
- Step 2. Insert your USB into your computer and erase the files on it and put the FMCB files onto it and put it back into your PS2
- Step 3. run MCBOOT.ELF off your USB and let it load up them press X to do a normal install on memory card 1
Part IV Memento + Alcohol 120% & Burning PS2 Backups
- Step 1. Use MementoDiscPatcher.exe [PATCH ISO IMG] find your PS2 .ISO file and click [Open] and it will patch it
- Step 2. open Alcohol 120% [Image Burning Wizard] (on the left)find your .ISO file you just patched with Memento and click [Open][Next >][Write Speed] = Lowest Possible, [Write Method] = [DAO], [X] Enable Buffer Underrun Technology, [DATA TYPE] = [PLAYSTATION 2][START!]
when its finished just put it into your PS2
Now you should be able to just put in your burned PS2 CD into your PS2 and it will say LOADING
a few colours will flash on screen (blue & purple etc) and then your game will start if everything is done right.