So I installed Free McBoot (using the noobie package) using 007 Agent Under Fire (also Final Fantasy X since it was on the known compatible list) and I cannot get ESR on my PS2 to load the disc. It says unknown media type. Here's the basic info:
1. Version 4 fat PS2 (serial starts with U5)
2. Media used is Verbatim DVD+R
3. Burner is Nec ND-3520a with firmware that supports bitsetting
4. Booktype set to DVD-ROM
Now here's what I've done:
1. Put 007 disc in computer and used ImgBurn to create an ISO.
2. Used ESR disk patcher v 0.24a on ISO. Ran it again on the ISO to make sure it said patch has already been applied. I also see the video folders inside IsoBuster so I know the patch worked.
3. Burned the new patched ISO to disc at 4x speed
This method worked fine to create the disc I used for the swap trick and Free McBoot install. I have gone through about 10 discs at this point. I'm beyond frustrated. My bro has a slim PS2 that I will try soon (hopefully tomorrow). This seems like it should be so simple but it has been painfully difficult. My question is, have I done anything wrong? What would you recommend I try next? Thanks for the help.