The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Just got my pre-ESRed memory card and I have some questions...
Just got my pre-ESRed memory card and I have some questions... –
1.I've heard that ESR isn't very good with running homebrew/emulators,how true is it?
2.I have a fat v10 ps2 with a network adapter that i got from a pawn shop for about $40, now i plan on putting a hdd in there, i just wanna know what kind of hdd to get and what is the size limit
3.How would I go about updating the ESR software and if i play a game with it,is there a way to in game reset it or would i have to reset the system everytime? same question for hdloader
if anybody can give me some answers i'd be appreciative, also i know this isn't the right place or what not, but what exactly is the ps2 loader?, i was planning on using usbadvance until i got the right hdd to put in the ps2
I don't even know where to begin on how far off you are from getting any aspect of PS2 homebrew right. But lets give it a shot since you have zero clue on this.
1. there are NO "pre-ESRed" memory cards. Where did you buy this. I want to bitch the asshole out for selling free software.
2. Free MC Boot is what is run on start up. ESR is only for running specially patched game or homebrew discs
3. with HD Loader, the maximum size hard drive possbile (providing HDL is patched properly) is 2TB.
4. Updating ESR? hell, I dn't even know what version you are using. Let me get my magic mind reading cap out.
5. what the hell are you talking about? "the ps2 loader" dude, start using actual names of programs if you want to be understood.
OK, first off..... You need to use the search button up there, it can answer most of these questions.
And you need to do some reading on your own.
So your questions.....
1. ESR is a exploit made to play backup games, it has nothing to do with emulators.
2. You need to read this here :http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/?p=list
3. For this you need to be able to install FMCB, check the link in my signature for the install tutorials, if you find you are not able to install this yourself, there several of us here installing FMCB.
Site Mod / FMCB Installer
EDIT: .........Beat me to it Bro...........
1.i bought a memory card with fmcb and esr and a few other things installed on it already,that's what i mean pre-esr
Originally Posted by Bootlegninja
3.how do you patch hd loader?, i found an in game reset patch but i don't know how to patch elf files,i know how to patch game images
4.i shouldn't need to tell you what version of esr i have, i just wanted to know how to install a newer version and get rid of an older version,so put your obviously small mind reading cap away
5. and maybe YOU should learn the name of the programs,THIS is the ps2 loader i'm talking about
http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62141 (Open PS2 Loader Project - v0.9)
Gotta love these in and out jobs that come accross this site. Looks like the bazooka has to put in overtime this week.
1- if you took the time to read thru the forums, you would have found out its free and not authorized to be "pre-esr'ed". You would also have found the specific forums for each of those apps you were asking about.
Originally Posted by Booty Daddy
3- IGR is in itself a separate ELF , not a patch. You run it first, then run the app you want to be able to reset while in game.
4- if you want info on upgrading ANY app, yes, its expected to say what your current version is, so we could give the correct info on if there is one. The author said he wasnt upgrading from the current version and we know this information, so thats why it was asked.
5- there is a program called PS2Loader and its not the one you wanted to know about....the PROPER name is Open PS2 Loader Project you were inquiring about.
We have been involved with homebrew long enough to know what is the best way to help someone asking questions about stuff and when we ask for more info, its only in YOUR benefit to answer them and get a more productive answer.
Even if someone 'seems' to be a smartass in the question thay asked or commented on your question, it might be a good idea to see what that person's level of knowledge might be before attempting to shoot back wise ass cracks.......see, now your still back where you started without any answers to your questions.
lolz...i felt like giving a long reply for some reason.....maybe it'll help others who read and think twice before replying with a wiseass reply.
SCPH-30001 [V4] - unmodded (2)
SCPH-30001-R [V5] DMS4 Pro SE
SCPH-50001-N [V9] CC 2.0 SLE
SCPH-79001 [V16] Silver - unmodded