Hello everyone ^^ nice to meet you
I hope someone can help me ^^; but before anything, I want to say:
I'm Italian, and my english will be bad. So please try to forgive me and try to use simple english ^^;; (i mean, dont use slang etc please or will be very hard for me to understand)
1) I have a PAL PS2 FAT 30004 (I think it should be V4 but i'm not sure)
2) To install FMCB I used Swap Magic 3.6
3) I used FMCB 1.8 with ESR 9b. I install it on sony memory card (original) and even tried with another one (original)
4) I want to use ESR because i'm bored of swap with SwapMagic for NTSC games and backups
5) I tried Hack//GU NTSC, DMC3 PAL, Shadow Hearts: Covenant PAL
6) I own original games and I did the .iso with IMGBURN
7) I patched the .iso with ESR patch gui
8) I burn them on Vertebatim DVD-R. They are DVD5, not DVD9
When I start my ps2, i get FMCB mený. Then I open the DVD thing and instert the backup DVD. I wait but nothing happen ^^;
So I select "ESR" from mený and press "X" button. At this point I see "ESR" white word in the screen and after 2-3 seconds I get Black screen and nothing happen ;;
I tried both 3 games, and lost 10 DVD (3 of them were Sony) but still dont work.
Then I tried to run the same backups with Swap Magic 3.6 and they work! All of them work with Swap Magic 3.6 with no problem at all!
Why this happen? I think because I did something wrong?
Maybe my PS2 is too old? (I have it from very long time, never broken, she always did her job)
EDIT: Oh, I just tried to boot the Original Hack//GU with ESR and it dont work. But with Swap Magic 3.6 work.. maybe because hack gu is NTSC and my ps2 is PAL?