ESR wont boot - Unknown media in drive
Okay, so I recently installed FMCB on my memory card and I read up on instructions and forum posts on how to play burned back-up disks. Problem is, they don't work. I was hoping someone in this forum could give me some assistance to get this working. Here's some information first:
- PS2 Version: SCPH-35001 v4 unmodded
- Has a hard-drive installed if that makes a difference.
- Blank DVDs: Verbatim DVD-R/Also tried COMPUSA DVD-R just for kicks
- Game: Final Fantasy XII NTSC
- Also tried Final Fantasy X-2 NTSC
- FMCB: Installed the Newbie Package
- ESR Version: ESR Beta 9b, used the version that came with Newbie Package and all three versions in the original download, none worked.
- Ripped ISO using IMGBurn
- Patched ISO using ESR Disc Patcher GUI v0.24a
- Used IsoBuster to check if ISO was properly patched. ISO files and UDF files don't match, UDF does contain AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS, I believe it was properly patched.
- Burned DVD using IMGBurn
- Burn Speed: Auto, probably around 4x
- Status in ESR GUI Version says "unknown media in drive"
- Thought problem could have been dirty laser, cleaned multiple times with rubbing alcohol and without.
- Attempted to boot on sister's ps2 with FMCB and ESR, worked great, not so great on mine.
- My sister was too lazy to check what version her ps2 is, said it was the last ones before the slim line was released. If you need to know her ps2 version, just ask and I'll try and find it myself.
I read up on a lot of forum posts relating to back-up discs not working and I didn't find anything helpful. Any ideas? If more information is needed, please ask. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advanced!