The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
4. is it possible to patch a backup of swapmagic with ESR so I can use it to play games that don't work with ESR ?
Try it out and give feedback. this would be useful for imports as well.
On the down side this would mean still having to swap and use magic keys, or slide tool. 2 of the main reasons for using ESR
9. How do I boot ps1 games ? I have tried swapmagic then U launch but no luck ?
Use psxluancher.elf and an original ps1 disc. Its just like using swapmagic, I hear it only works for like v9 and up though.
10. Apart from the hot keys for the shoulder buttons to boot are there anymore ?
well yeah, use the configurator and you can hotkey from any button on the controller, if you get 1.6 you can boot most your apps from the browser too.
11. Do the hotkeys work with a usb devices ?
pretty sure they do, try it out.
12. parappa the rapper 2 does not work with esr patch, anyway round games like this ?
parappa 2 is a ps2 game. explain more. does it give you a black screen, wont patch, etc.
14. is ESR PATCH JAVA V0.2 the best and latest patching tool ?
I just use the gui patcher. dont know what the difference is
Last edited by NeverGoingBack; 08-20-2008 at 05:50 PM.
The difference is that the GUI patcher works in windows, where as the Java version works wherever java works (Windows, Linux, MACOSX etc.)
Originally Posted by NeverGoingBack
PS2 V9|FreeMCBOOT 1.8|160GB Maxtor|
PS2 V9|FreeMCBOOT 1.8|40GB Seagate|
Silver NDS|M3 Simply DS|(2) 2GB MicroSD
PSP-2001 Red God of War|CFW5.00M33-6|8GB Pro Duo
5. No, but the PS2 is fast enough to emulate some older games. You'd probably have to port an old version of MAME, though. MAME has gotten more accurate over the years in older games, and accuracy=slowness for various reasons. It's theoretically possible to write an NES emulator that would run too slow to be playable on a Core 2 Quad!
Originally Posted by ukmed1
6. The PS2 is powerful enough to run a very hackish N64 emulator, but it'd probably have a lot of problems. The only reason PS1 games work on the PS2 is because it only emulates part of the console. The rest is either physically on the PS2 or is in the PS2 in the form of an upgraded version of the chip.
7. No way in hell. The PSP, especially when running in 333 mhz mode isn't that much less powerful than a PS2. It has the same amount of RAM as the PS2 as well. There's really no way to hold both the emulator and the data from the PSP games in the PS2's RAM.
8. Pretty much the same reason as 7, though the DC isn't as powerful as the PSP.
Not sure, but you can use UlaunchELF to swap (I do this), and there's cracked ELFs for SM that you could just load instead.
Originally Posted by ukmed1
It might be better to somehow put cogswap on a DVD. Not a single game has not worked for cogswap, and it even runs and boots my badly scratched originals.
What happen to i burn dvd9 games without toxic patch only esr patch????
and anyone tried the mgs2sub dvd9 game with esr?????
MGS2 Substance worked great for me on a dvd9. Like you, I only patch my games with the ESR patcher.
Momento or ESR iso patcher? Which is better. Do they do the same patch or is there a diffence?? Pretty much which is better for the lazer??
Q1=ESR iso patcher
Originally Posted by LiquidXed
Q2=ESR because it is updated way more than the memento.
Q3=Only the brand of DVD media you use is going to affect the quality of your PS2 laser after you use it several times. Don't use Memorex, only use Verbatim, Sony, Taiyo Yuden, or Maxell DVD-R's. DVD+R's are not any better than -R's, and some PS2's have trouble reading +R's.
EDIT: And as slicer said, RiTEK are a good media too.
Last edited by aar36095; 08-26-2008 at 08:58 AM.