The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
I've seen the details, so I know WHY you guys did it, but still I don't like it. (:
Originally Posted by DSAPSX
Well this will be a non issue shortly as the same person who made the previous psx themes is in the process of creating the new custom theme that has been requested.
Originally Posted by -Sander
I think perhaps a more gradual change might have been better received. Too much, too quickly is a little unnerving. Would it not have been possible to develop the theme with ps2dragon first and then upgrade once it was ready?
Great news for all who read my last post here. Work IS starting on the vb4 theme by orginal theme creator, ps2dragon!
As the administative staff have written, they are looking for CONSTUCTIVE critisizm, not useless fames. These guys are here to customize this place for our pleasure! It is kind of sad that alot of users come here to flame, and make this a worse place
So far, PROs:
+ Forum Part of PSX-SCENE is still basically the same
+ Better Reply System
+ Betting Editing system (more room to work with!)
+ Looks New & Feels New
+ More to Come!
++ The new Video Adding Tool, epic!
- Front page not quite up to par yet
- It is change, and thus... kind of scary... kind of off-putting.
- Need to wait until final theme before I say anything, I do not want to just run my mouth off without any evidence
Last edited by tthousand; 06-18-2011 at 02:35 PM.
I sincerely hope you make it better soon because the upgrade has potencial.
make it more psx scene, less psgroove
Last edited by tthousand; 06-18-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Reason: useless flaming
The new custom theme is currently being worked on by ps2dragon who has created the previous custom themes for psx. As soon as the new custom theme is available the theme will be updated based on what ps2dragon has created as well as feedback from the members of psx. All of the details of why things look different (temporarily) are listed out in this thread.
Originally Posted by Varela
I'm currently starting work on re-creating the previous theme. I will also inquire if it's possible to enable multiple themes, so users can choose from different themes. I'm not sure at this point if this is possible, but I will do what I can to restore the site to how it used to be as closely as possible.
UPDATE: Ok enabling multiple themes is not going to happen, due to having to re-customize each theme when we need to make custom modifications to the site. So all my focus will be working on re-creating the previous theme we had before being updated to vBulletin 4.1.4.
Last edited by ps2dragon; 06-18-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Hardware: PS2 v7 (GH-022) NTSC | Crystal Chip 2.0 Pro SLE | Sony Network Adapter | 300GB Segate HDD
Software: uLaunchELF 4.40 | HDLoader 0.8c | HDL_Dump 0.8.6+GUI | SMS 2.9 (Rev.3)
My Projects: uLaunchELF - skins/template | skin template readme | documentation (contributor)
who is DSAPSX?
and why he is the admin?
I think I have to look for a new forum for me
To recap: This past year multiple serious attacks per month to the site. Much work by Gary et al. to repel. Decide to upgrade to vb4 which patches security issues. Sell site. New guys: wow, should we upgrade now to plug security holes or wait tile we get pretty colors?
So maybe we should have a poll. What kind of members do we want at psx-scene?
1. I support the security upgrade and willing to put up with the color scheme/layout until the new designs can be implemented. I am going to give input on the site layout in a reasonable fashion.
2. I want pretty layout first who cares about content or if the site is compromised, as long as it looks good and I get my news story of the day. I don't care if all the past tutorials or anything else is lost, it's all old news anyway. I never search for answers; I just start a new thread.
3. I want to live in fantasy world where everybody else does the work and I get everything the way I like, instantly, ie., they should be able to upgrade the security and have the site look perfect for me while I was asleep because that's how everything works in my imagination.
4. I am going to b!tch no matter what. I am not going to read DSAPSX's posts, no matter how many times he posts it.
5. I am going to b!tch no matter what. I am going to read DSAPSX's posts just so I can tell him how wrong he is and complain about everything he says. Also, I don't believe a word out of his fingers.
I vote to ban those from 2,3,4,5.