Xgen updater v2: M33-6 to GEN-B2 (without GEN-A) –
Yoshishiro (maker of 5.50 & 6.00 game decrypter) brings "Xgen" which is an installer that upgrades M33-6 cfw to GEN-B2 immediately without the requirement of first installing GEN-A to have GEN cfw. Xgen can also upgrade your haldheld to either 5.55 or 6.00 official firmware.
download link: http://www.psp-hacks.com/2009/10/01/...a-v2-released/
compatibility: PSP-1000 & PSP-2001
non-compatibility: PSP-3000 & PSP-2001 w/TA-088v3 mobo
NOTE: Xgen is not "meant" to be used with the non-compatible psp handhelds. you really face some serious bricking problems that have been and are still without any solutions (pandora will not work). you've been warned!
requirements: only that you have M33 already installed on your PSP.
a. minimum of a 1GB memory stick
b. "minimum" of 75% of battery power or a power cord for installation
c. Xgen's "UPDATE" folder w/the PBP file inside
d. 550.PBP eboot file (official sony firmware)
1.plug your mini/b usb cable from your psp to your PC and run the usb mode from the xmb.
2. inside the Xgen folder, copy over the GAME folder (UPDATe folder) being inside) to ms:/PSP/GAME (allow windows to overwrite the GAME folder if you formatted your memory stick under M33 to clear up space).
3. copy over the "5.50.PBP" eboot over to the root directory of your memory stick (ex: MS:/5.50.PBP) and leave it there.
4.now, under the game menu, load Xgen-Installer.
5. under Xgen, select/press "enter." the installer menu will prompt you to select a command. go over the options and select "flash install CFW 5.50 GEN-B2. this command will flash your haldheld to GEN-B2 and this tutorial only covers this command.
6. the installer will extract the PRX files and install itself. it will take a few mins. to finish the installation. so, be patient and make sure that you have at least 75% of power left in your batt or that you have power cord hooked up to ensure a successful installation. select the "reboot" command and reboot your haldheld.
7. hold the "R1" button down immediately as the psp powers off so that you can enter recovery mode (black and green looks cool). now, select the "configuration" setting. under configuration, customize your very own liked settings but, enable the VSH menu (GEN disables this by default) so that you access the vsh menu while your browsing the xmb.
next, reboot your psp one more time in order for the changes to come into effect.
8. it is common knowledge amongst the GEN community that homebrew will have a limit in functionality due to the incompatibility issues as homebrew was originally programmed to work with M33 cfw (much props to DAX).
do searches in google and in psp-hacks to see if your former homebrew under M33 will work.
btw: if you wish to revert to M33 from GEN then follow this tutorial, http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133...0-gen-t247527/
PS1/SCPH-7501 | MM3 modchip
PS2 v9 | 250GB hdd | PS3 component cable | katana 32mb mc
PS3/CECH-2001B | 250GB hdd | 3.65 ofw