Why does customer service suck so bad in ENGLAND?
I am a Brit and upon visiting the USA I've come to realize how awesome the service is when you buy something or make an inquiry at an office!
- The only time I had to deal with the police was when a psycho builder was on the roof of my parents house destroying it tile by tile and throwing the tiles at the police below. The police had to wait 3 hours for him to volunteer off him to come off the roof, they couldn't climb any ladders under the health and safety act as they could fall or get pushed off etc. When he was arrested he was charged for affray and given a £120 fine then let go despite causing £15,000 worth of damage!
- Today I bought a 2L bottle of milk and a pack of Oreos from Sainsburys they said they ran out of plastic bags so I had to walk in the freezing cold holding onto a ice chilled milk bottle :O
- Want to stamp and post something? Think again expect there to be queue and a lot of hassle dealing with the unhelpful woman behind the counter
- Renting accommodation? Expect the landlord to be agitated everytime you visit their office even if there are rats or mold in the house they wont wanna know about it, because they want you to shut up and just pay the rent!
- If you have to talk to a admin staff about they are angry you took them away from facebook and reluctantly deal with your request, however if it is an unusual request they will just say 'not company policy' or try to make things difficult In which case they never win if something needs to get done it NEEDS to get done full stop!
- It costs £10 for a large pizza at domino's in the UK!!! Compared to a measly $7AUD in Australia about £3.50.
Oh sorry there was a great guy (exception) a small auto-repair spare parts store, walked outside of the store to help me out with loose bolt on my car using his tools and experience took him a second and he didn't even have to help me, Needless to say I bought some bits and bobs adding up to £8 from him which I didn't realize I wanted/needed beforehand.