The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
PSP 2.5/2.6 FW Downgrader Released!
PSP 2.5/2.6 FW Downgrader Released! –
Dark_AleX from the SonyXTeam has released the first working 2.50/2.60 Firmware downgrader for the PSP, however at this time this software is in Beta and ONLY for PSP's that have been UPGRADED (accidently) to a 2.50/2.60, This hack will also not work with the TA-082 Revisions of the PSP. This hack is still very new so definitely USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
View the next post in this thread for the Download and attatched instructions.
V7- Messiah2 modded, my baby
V1.0 Xecuter 2.0 Pro '
1) Make sure you have a 2.50/2.60 PSP (NOT a TA-082 PSP!)
2) Move the DOWNDATER and files/folders in either the 2.50/2.60 folder from this pack into the root of your PSP MemoryStick.
3) Set up GTA Loader
4) rent/borrow/buy GTA (the original UMD is required)
5) start GTA and the GTA Loader
6) In the GTA Loader menu, choose the "DownDater Test"
WARNING: The program won't output any display and any warnings, it will init the downgrader process immediately.
7) You'll see the your MemoryStick flashing... that means that your PSP is being flashed from the MemoryStick. You won't see any type of output in the screen (this is for safety). When the MemStick finishes of flashing, WAIT at least a minute, and then reinit your PSP by holding the power button.
8) That's all.
If all went right, you'll have 1.50 PSP now!
If it went less good, you'll still have 2.50/2.60.
If all went wrong, you'll have a broken PSP (except in the case you have the mod-chip). Remember that you have accepted that risk!
The downgrade process is separated between two people, a 1.50 user and you (2.50/2.60 user). The 1.50 user must own a 1.50 Firmware PSP and will have to follow simple steps to obtain some files for you -OR- you can use the ones included in this pack in the DOWNDATER folder instead. The instructions are as follows:
Before downgrading, make sure you meet the following requirements:
Your PSP is not a TA-082 (If you do have this PSP version, it may result in a broken PSP so do NOT attempt it)!
You do not have a factory 2.50/2.60 PSP (The DownGrader ONLY works on updated PSP's so read directly below for details)
ONLY use this if your ORIGINAL FIRMWARE was 1.50, 1.51, 1.52, 2.00, or 2.01 from the FACTORY and (like an idiot) you updated to 2.50 or 2.60. If your ORIGINAL FIRMWARE was/is 2.50 or 2.60 then do NOT attempt to use this DownGrader version!
1.50 User Instructions:
- Copy the folders downhelper and downhelper% from the folder 1.50 HELPER folder to /PSP/GAME/ in your memstick.
- Obtain the original 1.50 FW update (Google) and put it in /PSP/GAME/UPDATE in your memstick.
- Init the downhelper program.
- It will dump your flash and some files from the updater EBOOT to the memstick.
- After that, the program will exit. You can now delete the updater from /PSP/GAME/UPDATE
- You'll notice that you have a new folder in the root of your memstick called "DOWNDATER".
- That's the folder you'll have to send to a 2.50/2.60 to let him test the downgrade.
You can bypass the above by using the contents of the included DOWNDATER folder.
2.50/2.60 User Instructions:
- Copy the folder the DOWNGRADER/2.50/DOWNDATERTEST if you have 2.50 or DOWNGRADER/2.60/DOWNDATERTEST if you have 2.60 to /PSP/GAME/ in your memstick.
- Wait for someone with 1.50 to pass you a folder called DOWNDATER and copy it to the root of your memstick, or use the included DOWNDATER folder contents.
- Init GTA and the GTA Loader
- In the GTA Loader menu, choose the downdater test.
WARNING: the program won't output any display and any warnings, it will init the downgrader process immediately.
- You'll see that your MemoryStick flashing. That means that your PSP is being flashed from the MemoryStick.
- You won't see any type of output in the screen (this is for safety). When the MemoryStick finishes of flashing, WAIT at least a minute, and then reinit your PSP by holding the power button.
- That's all. If all went right, you'll have 1.50. If it went less good, you'll still have a 2.50/2.60. If all went wrong, you'll have a broken PSP (except in the case you have the mod-chip). Remember that you have accepted that risk!
This software is free , and I'm not responsable if it causes damages to your PSP. If you use this software, you agree that you are using this program at your own risk and that you won't blame the author for that.
"Someone told me that a downgrader for 2.50/2.60 was impossible. How does this work?"
This one uses another more risked technique (and I repeat: untested) than the MPH downgrader. It uses some sony libraries found in the 1.50 updater to perform the most critical steps, the logical format of the flash, and the ipl writing. See technical details for more info about how it works.
This software requires that someone with a 1.50 runs a little program and send you the output so you can init the downdate process. The 1.50 program is TOTALLY safe, it only dumps the flash of a 1.50 user and it also extracts some special PRX's found in the 1.50 updater.
This program performs the following operations.
- It loads the ipl_update.prx and lflash_fatfmt.prx from the 1.50 updater.
- It performs a logical format of the flash0 partition using the function
sceLflashFatfmtStartFatfm t found in the lflash_fatfmt.prx
- It writes a dump of the 1.50 flash0 to the flash0.
- It writes the Initial Program Loader (Ipl) using the functions sceIplUpdateClearIpl and sceIplUpdateSetIpl from the ipl_update.prx module. The ipl is embedded in that module.
- Users with TA-082 PSP's shouldn't try this. Also, it may be better that at the beginning, only users with a 2.50/2.60 NOT from factory (they updated from a below Firmware) try this.
- This version also performs logging so be sure to have at least 16MB more on your MemoryStick before performing the downgrade.
after you have read the instructions and are sure it is safe to continue you may download the Downgrader: Downgrader_Test_v0.5_For_PSP_2.50+2.60.rar
V7- Messiah2 modded, my baby
V1.0 Xecuter 2.0 Pro '
Hasn't this been tested and confirmed to brick the psp?
i've done it i was scared as hell though
It works with PSP consoles that were upgraded to v2.50 or v2.60 Firmware. However, it will NOT work with TA-082 versions and it's NOT recommended for users whose FACTORY/STOCK Firmware was 2.50 or 2.60. Why anyone would even **** with this stuff is beyond me. I don't think we should even report it. Thread moved.
Originally Posted by ian-cabby
its got over 90% success rate from a poll on qj.net
That may very well be but I'm not taking responsibility for the other 10% when we're not even a PSP site.