The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
How to fix error game data corrupt when launching game from xmb
How to fix error game data corrupt when launching game from xmb –
When you start a game that requires to write game data, it will probably fail at starting saying "game data is corrupt, delete and reinstall the game". This is because in the /dev_hdd0/game/[game-id] there is a params.sfo saying, this folder is owned by a hard disk game. But to be able to write cache, the params.sfo must say "GD" for game data. But when you just edit the type to game data, it wont show up anymore in xmb (because its no more a harddisk game). So this tutorial will help you fix this error and it will still show up in xmb.
XXXXXX = game-id
YYYYYY = fake game-id (just any game-id that you dont have installed, recommend just XXXXXX + 1)
1. Modify eboot.bin the usual way
2. Create a folder called YYYYYY and a YYYYYY.conf with the following inside
3. Paste all files from folder PS3_GAME (not folders) and TROPDIR folder into YYYYYY
Content-ID = UP0001-YYYYYY_00-0000111122223333
k_licensee = 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
DRM_Type = Free
Content_Type = Game_Exec
PackageVersion = 01.00
4. Create a folder called USRDIR and paste modified eboot.bin in it.
5. Modify the game-id from XXXXXX to YYYYYY in the params.sfo you just pasted into the folder YYYYYY
6. Create a psn package the usual way from YYYYYY.conf and YYYYYY folder.
7. Install it
8. Go to /dev_hdd0/game/YYYYYY and modify the params.sfo game-id back to XXXXXX
9. Create a folder in /dev_hdd0/game/ called XXXXX
10. Copy all files from PS3_GAME (not folders) in there
11. Get a params.sfo from any game data (in any folder from /dev_hdd0/game/ that is not a psn game).
12. Modify the title id and title name and be sure the type is "GD" game data
13. Put modified params.sfo into /dev_hdd0/game/XXXXXX
14. Start game, let it install game data and have fun playing.
Method found by me, tested with NBA Elite 11 and Black Ops and works, all games which require game data install should work with this.
This does not work for me at all.
I have tried it on Just Cause 2, and no luck.
problem is, and ill admit it , im no good/experienced or have any knowledge at all at editing the eboots. i was using the bles01031 posted on this forum thinking it would work. but obviously this isn't the case.... this is the only game i have out of 10 on this forum that has a pkg created i can test to see if this method works. and i have been trying for a few days now. it looked like it was going to work then i got that error
Hi guys, I'm having some trouble making a PKG file, I'm using PKG Toolkit GUI Version 1.10.
When making a PKG file I get the Illegal Package error, can anyone help me.
The Illegal Package error is when it cannot find the PARAM.SFO and ICON0.PNG files, they are there but its not getting them.
Also one TIP** to try if you get a black screen
1.Download PARAM.SFO EDITOR from ps3hac.com
2.Edit the PARAM.SFO of the game by unchecking 1080 and 720p.
3.Try the game
I had this problem with Dead Rising 2. The game would just show a black screen. By unchecking 1080,and replacing the PARAM.SFO the game booted up perfectly.
** This tip isn't going to work for all games,maybe just 1 game,but it's wort a shot.
When Im at home I will post pkg's for Black Ops. Working pkg's with no error. (for bles01031)
Originally Posted by barrons
Can some one please help
i need someone to patch the game Game for Super Street Fighter 4 europeon version on jb 3.55
After installling the pkg and ftping all the game files
when the game is starting, this is what it says:
''the game data is corrupted, the game will close, please delete the game data''
apparently some games does not support Direct Boot from the XMB so can someone please patch this to work, all the details are bellow:
the original game files and EBOOT can be found here:
3.55 PKG can be found here:
please help me and let me know