1) DVD-RAM is a burning standard. I'm not sure how to explain it further. Someone else will.
2) Blank media in burner and original in cd drive. Or if you want you could just use the burner drive and put the original in first and make an image and then put the blank media in
3) Read speed is how fast you can read files on a CD. Write speed is how fast you can write files to a CD. Those are speeds for CDs though and you have a different speed for DVD. I'd imagine it would be 4x DVD write or 8x
4) Basically it means that you should not be burning slower than 4x on that specific media
5) You cannot use the CDROM drive for copying DVDs in any way. At best you could use it to read a CD for copying.
6) Nero 6 is a good program.
These are simple answers so wait for someone to give better ones. It appears that you have zero experience with burning so you're probably going to end up with some coasters. I would advise you to read up on burning and don't ask the PS2 copying questions on this forum as I believe it isn't allowed.
<FreeFrag> The most secure computer in the world is one not connected to the internet.
<FreeFrag> Thats why I recommend Telstra ADSL.