[Rant] My various peeves
Here is a list of my rants, maybe you agree on some? Maybe not? Nobody is asking any to even post here or read this, but maybe, just maybe 1 in 1000 will read it and say: "yeah I see his point, maybe I should stop this/that..."
1) "I'm buying used games only so I'm boycotting Sony":
- That makes no sense at all, as you fail to comprehend where most of the money you buy actually ends up, yes the same place as buying a new game, let me explain why.
If you buy from a random person / friend / an ad in the paper / etc. , you give a guy money for a used game and Sony gets nothing, that is correct. Now the money you just spent goes where in most cases? For the other guy to buy a new game, so you are back at square one.
If you buy from a shop, basically the same thing as you are supporting a shop that sells Sony products and help them with the cash flow of Sony items. If you actually did boycot them, they would have shelves filled with unsellable items and think about it.
2) "This homebrew is shit!":
- Who cares what you think right? We've all heard this 100s of times already, but get ready for 3)...
3) "The scene gives my homebrew no love!":
- This is just as bad as 2) in my opinion. Are you making it only for the thanks you will get? Only for the fame? If someone asked you to make it - then you have a right to be upset if that someone later says its crap, but you have no right to expect praise.
4) "You want 3.60 firmware?? LOL WHY??!?1":
- I myself am on 3.55 kmeaw, but there ARE people out there who didn't follow the scene untill just recently who don't deserve you calling them stupid for upgrading, and I don't see how it hurts you if some dev releases some firmware, it doesn't cost you any money or pain, so why not just focus on your own possibilites instead of trying to limit others'?
5) "You're/Mathieulh is/Geohot is a jerk because [...]":
- If you really dislike someone, why not take it up with him in private message / e-mail / twitter / IRC / etc. Posting in public only insinuates that you want to be seen (praised/recognized), and that really takes the seriousness out of your post as anyone who ever visited the basement of the internet would think instantly you're a troll.
[Plenty plenty plenty more, but now I would like to hear some of yours if you are bored, please try to be respectful and not post duplicates...]
Please do add your own rants, its good to get it out I think, and maybe that 1 in 1000 will read it... :)
I've only really got 1 rant.....
If you buy a console, then you should ONLY expect it to do what it was designed to do. If you want to use that console for "other-than-intended", then you take the risk it will or will not work. You dont bitch and complain about what "should" be available or "why dont they make this.....".
Be damn happy people spend time making programs you can use to do things your console wasnt designed by the manufacturer to do in the first place and just be grateful.....not act like an ass because you cant get it to work or its not quite "up to your expectations".
You want to screw around with YOUR console, so its YOUR resposibility to read and understand what your doing and what the program your about to use will do or what is required to use said program.
And for those bashing noobies, you should help them or STFU!! Im tired of people bitching about noobies who keep posting and not searching, we ALL started out as Nobbies at one point. Noobies will just ask and not always search as its been this way since the begining of homebrew and hasnt changed over the years, so lets just move past that and either help them by simply posting a link to point them in the right direction or simply dont post anything.
Ok, my mini rant is over for now....:p