The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Downsides of 6.60 CFW?
Downsides of 6.60 CFW? –
So I am currently on 5.50 GEN-D3... whatever I want to play right now plays fine (Monster Hunter mostly)... I was thinking of upgrading to 6.60 just to have for the future to play newer games at a later date. Now I see a lot of posts asking on how to upgrade etc... but I also see some mentioning that you need to do something to the PSP everytime you boot it? That sounds like a pain in the butt, considering that on 5.50 GEN-D3 you dont have to do anything...
so some questions:
1) What are the downsides of 6.60 CFW?
2) Is PSP firmware still being worked on? LIke will there be anything beyond 6.60? Perhaps a release eventually not needing the weird thing on boot up?
3) What exactly do you have to do on boot up? What is the procedure?
4) Once you go to 6.60 can you revert back to 5.50?
5) I read something about different generations of PSP.. all I know is that there are 1000, 2000, and 3000 PSPs... how can you tell what generation it is? If those arent hte generations. I have the PSP 2000.
The PSP 1000 is the fat model, the 2000 is the Slim & Lite, the 3000 is the Brite model
If you have a psp 1000 and early 2000 models it will boot into CFW just like 5.50 GEN and it sounds like you have the early to me but if you want to find out just run PSP homebrew - PSPident 0.74.2
Originally Posted by Chrushev
If it says ipl then all you have to do is uninstall Your Gen if possible update to OFW 6.60 install PRO CFW then run CIPL_Flasher to make perm
I have a early 2001 and running perm 6.60
SCPH-30001 with Network adapter SCPH-10281
PSP 2G 6.60 PRO CFW Perm PSP 6.20 GO PRO Perm
Official FHDB v1.92
OPL self compiled HD and SMB preferred
Is how all good gaming systems came to be