Hi, I am trying the swap trick using Raw vs Smackdown 2006.
I am hoping someone can help me to get ulaunch to start.
I followed the directions in the tutorial exactly buy I can not get ulaunch to start, I keep getting the red screen of death.
These are the steps I am using
When I choose edit network configuration I get the red screen of death, I am assuming it is doing a disk check since the laser moves to the inner track.
1. Make a .iso image of Raw vs Smackdown 2006 using dvd decrypter or imgburn.
2. Extract the uncompressed BOOT.ELF from the uLaunchELF rar and rename it to NTGUI2.ELF
1. Use Apache to open the .iso image u made.
2. highlight "NTGUI2.ELF" in apache on your right side
3. select "ISO Tools" from the tab above, now select "Change TOC for Selected File", change the "Size (dec)" to 915196, don't change the LBA. This is the file size of the "uncompressed BOOT.ELF". (if your using a different uLaunchELF file, right click the file on your pc and select properties, the first "Size" is the size in bytes. This is the size you need to use in Apache)
4. with "NTGUI2.ELF" still highlighted, select "ISO Tools" again, now select "Update Selected File", select the NTGUI2.ELF file that was ulaunchelf's "uncompressed BOOT.ELF" you rename, it will say "selected file replaced".
5. Burn the edited ISO to disc with DVD Decrypter / IMGBurn
1. Put the orignal ps2 game in your ps2 now.
2. Select "ONLINE", Now "ACCEPT"
3. Swap disks, Now select "Edit/Create Network Configuration", ulaunchelf will start
At what point am I supposed to swap disks?
Perhaps I need to double swap, how do I go about doing that?
Also, if I open the edited iso in isobuster, I see the udf file structure still has the original file, not the ulaunch file, the iso structure has the new file and size. Could this be part of the problem? If so, how do I replace the file in the udf structure?
Do I need to apply the Memento patch before burning the game?
Hopefully someone who has gotten this game to work can help, I went threw all 51 pages of this forum and didn't come across anything to solve my problem.
This is on a v4 ps2, I think, I have the electrical warning stamped on the bottom of the console - USA SCPH 35001 Version 4 = GT3 Edition
If I can not get this to work I will consider the installer service, but, I would like to get this to work