Also posted here: Help wanted - translating the unofficial FMCB v1.8c installer
EDIT 2013/08/17: v0.94D and H released!
EDIT 2013/07/20: v0.94C released! Stability fix and translation update: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f153/off...ml#post1073259 (Official FMCB v1.8C installer)
EDIT 2013/07/16: v0.94B1 released! Stability fix: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f153/uno...ml#post1072471
EDIT 2013/07/14: v0.94A released! Minor update: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f153/uno...ml#post1071605
Changelog for v0.94:
- Improved crosslinking stability (bug found in MCTools that results in a NULL pointer - used memset() in the wrong place) when installing. However, it won't improve the reliability of the system: If you have been getting filesystem corruption (as in, your saves become inaccessible after multi-installs are made), this won't fix it.
- New UI that (finally!) has progress bars and less cryptic messages like "Error code -5".
- MC dumping and restoration operations can be cancelled half-way.
- Multi-language support to go with the rest of the PS2.
- Full compatibility with the first release of the SCPH-10000 (03/2000 release, with boot ROM v1.00).
- FreeType is now used instead of Fontm, so that compatibility with the PSX can be achieved (but probably not doable at the moment... but SOON!).
- Improved MC dumping performance by about twice.
- Files and folders in the BOOT and APPS folders will be copied "as-is". Yes, feel free to add/remove stuff from the BOOT folder as well!
- Should be finally bootable from a CD/DVD disc that uses the ISO9660 filesystem.
- Users no longer have to disconnect and re-insert the memory card between raw-I/O operations (multi-install installations/cleanup, memory card restorations etc.)
- XSECRMAN, which just hooked onto the boot ROM SECRMAN module and extended its exported function set, has been retired. Full SECRMAN and SECRSIF modules have replaced XSECRMAN and SECRMAN_RPC.
- Installations can now be made in several forms: Normal, cross-regional and cross-model. Multi-installations introduce controlled filesystem corruption, which isn't exactly a safe thing and it's a hack. The Memory Card filesystem was never designed for soft links, and working around this limitation with a hack probably isn't the best idea.
- Adjusted the design of the UI's buttons to make them more visible (Lengthened + changed their orientations + changed the way they reflect their highlighted state).
- MCMAN from the PS2SDK was taken and modified to have its cache invalidation function exported. This is so that MCMAN can have its internal cache invalidated to prevent it from using an outdated cached copy of clusters.
- The initialization and flushing of the MCTOOLs cache is now done by functions in the system.c file. This is because flushing of the cache must be strictly done immediately after the crosslink operation completes.
- Added a call to PollSema before the actual call to WaitSema is made within SyncFlipFB(). That way, the screen won't be redrawn prematurely before a VBlank start event occurs.
- Added a call to SyncFlipFB() before the VRAM memory clear in UploadDefaultResources(), to send too unsent DMA tags to the GS. gsKit sometimes crashes because gsKit_send() assumes that the DMA tag buffer is empty.
Downloads/links and for more information
Project page: - Unofficial Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) v1.8C installer -)
Now about making translations: There is a short explanation on what needs to be done within the "Supported languages" section of the project homepage.
As for those who volunteered to make the translations:
French (completed): ShaolinAssassin
Spanish (completed): ElPatas. Original translation by pool7.
German (completed): Delta_force
Italian (completed): master991.
Dutch (completed): port187.
Portuguese (completed): gledson999
We still need a full translation for the Japanese language.
This installer works just like the official FMCB 1.8B installing methods
@All : Once again, let me reiterate that I only wrote the installer. FMCB v1.8C was written by and compiled Jimmikaelkael, and Neme was involved in the FMCB project at the earlier stages. Credit for the FMCB binary should go to them, and credit for only the installer should go to me.
Yes, this installer installs FMCB v1.8C, which is the latest version from Jimmikaelkael
This is an unofficial Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) v1.8C installer.
No part of it was directly re-used from FMCB v1.7 itself, but parts of it were based or referenced from the code of FMCB v1.7.
Note that this is a beta test, so anything can go wrong.
All consoles should be supported, and no additional files should be required.
I've tested the installer on my SCPH-10000 console, and it works fine too.
!!! WARNING !!! If you make a multi-install, DO NOT DELETE ANY OF THE B*EXEC-SYSTEM FOLDERS OR ANY OF THE OSD*.elf FILES INSIDE THEM!
Doing so might result in _SEVERE_ data loss.
Do not delete uninstall.dat from the SYS-CONF folder either, or you will probably be stuck with the multi-install files forever.
Lastly, please do give feedback. Other than the bugs listed below, I do hope that this release has met the requirements of the public.
Additional information, notes and warnings can be found in the README file.
Information on the source code release can be found in the README file too.
Credits can be found in the README file too.