Unofficial FMCB installer v0.94 released!
Also posted here: http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...l=1#post686878
EDIT 2013/07/14: Minor update: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f153/uno...ml#post1071605
EDIT 2013/07/16: Stability fix: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f153/uno...ml#post1072471
Changelog for v0.94:
- Improved crosslinking stability (bug found in MCTools that results in a NULL pointer - used memset() in the wrong place) when installing. However, it won't improve the reliability of the system: If you have been getting filesystem corruption (as in, your saves become inaccessible after multi-installs are made), this won't fix it.
- New UI that (finally!) has progress bars and less cryptic messages like "Error code -5".
- MC dumping and restoration operations can be cancelled half-way.
- Multi-language support to go with the rest of the PS2.
- Full compatibility with the first release of the SCPH-10000 (03/2000 release, with boot ROM v1.00).
- FreeType is now used instead of Fontm, so that compatibility with the PSX can be achieved (but probably not doable at the moment... but SOON!).
- Improved MC dumping performance by about twice.
- Files and folders in the BOOT and APPS folders will be copied "as-is". Yes, feel free to add/remove stuff from the BOOT folder as well!
- Should be finally bootable from a CD/DVD disc that uses the ISO9660 filesystem.
- Users no longer have to disconnect and re-insert the memory card between raw-I/O operations (multi-install installations/cleanup, memory card restorations etc.)
- XSECRMAN, which just hooked onto the boot ROM SECRMAN module and extended its exported function set, has been retired. Full SECRMAN and SECRSIF modules have replaced XSECRMAN and SECRMAN_RPC.
- Installations can now be made in several forms: Normal, cross-regional and cross-model. Multi-installations introduce controlled filesystem corruption, which isn't exactly a safe thing and it's a hack. The Memory Card filesystem was never designed for soft links, and working around this limitation with a hack probably isn't the best idea.
- Adjusted the design of the UI's buttons to make them more visible (Lengthened + changed their orientations + changed the way they reflect their highlighted state).
- MCMAN from the PS2SDK was taken and modified to have its cache invalidation function exported. This is so that MCMAN can have its internal cache invalidated to prevent it from using an outdated cached copy of clusters.
- The initialization and flushing of the MCTOOLs cache is now done by functions in the system.c file. This is because flushing of the cache must be strictly done immediately after the crosslink operation completes.
- Added a call to PollSema before the actual call to WaitSema is made within SyncFlipFB(). That way, the screen won't be redrawn prematurely before a VBlank start event occurs.
- Added a call to SyncFlipFB() before the VRAM memory clear in UploadDefaultResources(), to send too unsent DMA tags to the GS. gsKit sometimes crashes because gsKit_send() assumes that the DMA tag buffer is empty.
/admins: I'll appreciate it if you could update the first post. ;)
(Just clean up the description and add a link to the project page: - Unofficial Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) v1.8C installer -)
EDIT: Now about making translations: There is a short explanation on what needs to be done within the "Supported languages" section of the project homepage.
As for those who volunteered to make the translations:
2. English (Built in; already done, duh!)
3. French (completed): ShaolinAssassin
4. Spanish (completed): ElPatas. Original translation by pool7.
5. German (completed): Delta_force
6. Italian (completed): master991.
7. Dutch (completed): port187.
8. Portuguese (completed): gledson999
Thanks, but not at the moment. I don't even have a simple way to determine that the user selected the Russian language setting in the OSD. It has to be retrieved from the MECHACON NVRAM for that, but it makes things more complicated that I intend.
Originally Posted by AKuHAK
Unofficial FMCB installer v0.94A released!
Changelog for v0.94A:
- Added tentative HDD support for FHDB (disabled and unused at the moment).
- Updated the language strings to support FHDB.
- Updated cleanup code to support the HDD and more than 18 folder items. Now supports cleaning up subdirectories.
- Adjusted the location FMCB.XLF and OSDSYS.XLF (install/ to install/SYSTEM/).
- Fixed the bug whereby installing FMCB will still continue despite the card having insufficient space.
- Updated uLaunchELF to v4.42d.
Thanks to ElPatas for reporting the "out of space" bug.
Please refer to the first post (or the project homepage) for links, downloads and more information.
@Translators, sorry, but while adding HDD support, I noticed that the descriptions for the installation and uninstallation of FHDB were missing. D:
If you are to compare the new template against your current translation, you will notice 4 lines that were changed:
1. Two lines added ("Install FHDB for this console" and "Uninstall FHDB.")
2. Two lines updated "FHDB will be installed onto the Harddisk Drive. Continue?" and "FHDB on the Harddisk Drive will be cleaned up. Continue?" (Both lines had "FMCB" written in them instead of "FHDB").
Sorry, but could you please update your translations and just either hand me the new lines (or the entire file, if you wish to make it complete)? Thanks.
I hope that I won't have to add anymore messages, since HDD support is... something a bit complicated because it has to be integrated with FMCB. D: