The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Everyone, thanks for your help, I used the Swapmagic Coder 3.8 ELF with the autoboot on the usb, and the installer loaded up and worked.
Ill try and add the elf and instructions into my first post with the edit button.
The exit to elf on fceultra can boot any elf with any filename. You just edit the path in it's CNF file. In my case, since I already had uLE on mass as a boot.elf, I just edited the path to mass:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF.
Elfpath = mass:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF
Would I be able to do this with Code Breaker 8.1? thanks.
Sure. Backup your saves to a flash drive, then download and extract the attachment in this post and extract it. Put the cbs file and Pelican.bin file on the root of your flash drive. Boot your CB without the flash. After it's loaded, plug it in and go to device manager. Copy and replace the BADATA-SYSTEM save. Reset the PS2 with the flash drive plugged in and it will boot an old (but useful for this purpose) version of SMS. In SMS, press start and go to browser settings. Change the exit to path to wherever your uLE is located. For example, mass:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF, or mc0:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF to use the included uLE in the BADAT-SYSTEM save. Save your settings and exit SMS. uLE should load.
Originally Posted by imtony
@ kirby_422 - I had to remove swapmagic since it is copyrighted. Also, I would argue that the first post is a tutorial since it leaves out virtually every important step.
could you post a armax version of this cause i tried to convert the codebreaker save to a .max one using ps2 save builder and i copied it over reset my ps2 and nothing happened just booted to the main ps2 screen where u pick browser or options i had a flash drive plugged in but it didnt do anything help plz!
I agree. We need a tutorial for this tutorial And it didn't work for me...
Originally Posted by Bootlegninja
The only working and easy solution for me : FCEULTRA ! And it's free software ! here is a tutorial :
(it was tested on a ps2 slim + Action Replay MAX v3.31, please let me know if it worked for you or not)
HOWTO ACTION REPLAY MAX + FCEULTRA
Note : this will only work with ARMAX versions that include Max Media Player ( >=v3.30 and < v3.60)
- download latest fceultra binary for ps2
- put packed_fceu.elf from the archive to your usb pendrive (no need for a CNF config file) and any other elf you'd like to boot (like uLaunchElf or FREE_MCBOOT.elf)
- boot Action Replay and go to Media Player
- choose packed_fceu.elf with arrows, then "play" symbol (if fceultra does'nt appear, format your key and put packed_fceu.elf first on)
- now you should be in FCEUltra browser
- click "Select" "on your gamepad to enter "Options" menu
- move to "Configure Elf Path" and click circle on your gamepad
- navigate to mass: (so to your usb pendrive), move to the elf you want to launch and select it (still with circle button)
- now back in Options menu you should see path to the elf you just choosed, then click circle on line "Exit to elf"
- that's it !
many thanks to bfoos, ragnarok2040 and people here
Last edited by malak2; 06-22-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Okay, I did that and FMC is on my memory card. But uhh, was there something I was suppose to do first? Lol. I never did the independence exploit or anything before. When I booted my PS2 without the CB and flash drive, but the memory card plugged in, it just boots to the PS2 Home screen. Was there something else I was suppose to do to make it boot into uLE first?
Originally Posted by bfoos