Install Free MC Boot using ps2Linux+Ps2Reality
I coming to my wits end. I'm trying to install fcmb so as to install argon on my
PS2 Memory card.
Trouble is the only access I have to the memory card is via a original ps2linux (RTE) installation.
1.Using the PS2Media player linux installation on the memory card I replae the ps2media binary with the free_mcboot.elf binary renamed as ps2media.elf
2. Start the ps2reality and it loads and starts the free_mcboot.elf .
The problem is this:
1. I can't create a INSTALL directory on the memory card in linux ( mkdir does not work on /mnt/mc00)
2. I can't figure out how to make/force fcmb read a usb key as a source of install files.
3. the ps2media hack only works in the binary is on the mc and not if it is on usb.
4. when trying the same hack with argon it complains it cannnot find xmb.xml on the MC.
These problems may have something to do with ps2linux installing every thing in a directory BWLINUX that you cannot navigate up from.
Any hints would be great.