The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
ahhh darn, I don't have another card at the moment. Is there an easy way to boot this installation from CD? I actually created a cd to boot from, but I wasn't sure exactly how to boot from the CD once I burned it. I used this tutorial:
haha wow...I booted to FMCB FROM the memory card, then used it to format the card. I guess since FMCB is loaded in memory, it can format the card and still run independently. Then I tried to install and It detected its files were missing, so it prompted me for a usb flash drive. I inserted the flash drive with the FMCB files on it and it started installing fine. Good stuff, now I have to figure out how to use ESR haha. Thank you for all of your help!
Originally Posted by djflexmaster79
Not bad! Hey do you know which version of ESR is the best to use? Also, do you know how to get it working with Free Mcboot?
Yeah, you need to use IMGBurn to rip your game onto your PC,
and then Patch the.ISO with this :
And then burn the newly patched .ISO, to a DVD +/- R, with IMGBurn, at about 4-6 X speed. Pop it in your PS2, restart it. And your screen should flash a few different colors, and your game should start up....DJ
Awesome thanks! I will officially be done with this thread now! Thanks for all your help!
Instructions on how to install Free MCBoot 1.8 to Memor32 memory card
Instructions on how to install Free MCBoot 1.8 to Memor32 memory card –
Hello! Here are some instructions I wrote on how to install Free MCBoot to Memor32. I never really saw any instructions that were specific to the Memor32, so I thought I'd post them here for people who are having trouble with it. I hope this is useful! I didn't write in download links into the instructions at the time that I wrote them, so here are the links to get all the required software:
Using Memor32 as a Memory Card Modchip/Exploit for Playstation 2:
What you'll need:
-Playstation 2 - usually any model
-Memor32 Playstation 2 Memory Card and a USB cable to connect it
-Latest SaveGame Manager for Memor32
-Free MCBoot Noobie Package
-Ulaunch (newest version if possible) for MC
-Memento Firmware 1.2E for your Memor32 Memory Card
-USB flash Drive
-ESR Disc Patcher or Memento Disc Patcher *Note: ISO Images of your games must be patched with either one of these programs, THEN burned to a DVD (Memory Card exploits do not support CD's). When the patched game is loaded into the Playstation 2, and run with ESR.
A summary of the workflow you'll be performing:
1. Install your Memor32 and savegame manager to get it working with your PC.
2. Install Memento Firmware version 1.2E to your Memor32
3. Put the FMCB Noobie Package on a USB Flash drive.
4. Use your Memor32 software to copy Ulaunch to the Memor32 card.
5. Put the Memor32 and USB Flash drive both into the PS2 console. Boot up the PS2 into Ulaunch (it's on the Memor32 now) and use it to run the FMCB installation. This step will not work without doing step 2.
Links to download the software:
Memento Firmware 1.2E (comes with patcher): http://www.mementoteam.com/downloads.html
Free MCBoot 1.8b Newbie Package:
uLaunchElf 4.39: http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=launchers.html
ESR Disc Patcher: I could not find a link anymore, you will have to google it. Sorry!
First thing you'll need to do:
1. Install the drivers for your Memor32 memory card via instructions from www.memor32.com
2. Then, download the Memento 1.2E firmware. Version 1.1 does not work well (or at all) with this. Simply run the MementoFW.exe file, it will automatically put the firmware on your Memor32. This firmware will allow you to run bootable ELF files and allow you use software that runs backup game discs.
3. When Memento is done installing on your Memor32, you will then need to a way to install the Free Mcboot software. Copy the Free Mcboot INSTALL folder to the root of a flash drive. Also copy the FREE_MCBOOT.ELF file to the root of your flash drive. If your flash drive is drive G:, the files must have the below path:
4. Next, you will need to copy the Ulaunch files to your Memor32 memory card. This is easy to do, but semi difficult to figure out without direction. Your Memor32 Savegame Manager saves a folder on the drive it's installed on. Typically by default: C:\Program Files\Memor32\Ps2saves. Create a BOOT folder in the Ps2saves folder. The path should be:
Ulaunch has its own BOOT.ELF file and a folder called SOURCE. Copy both of these files to the Ps2saves\BOOT folder. The file paths should look like this:
Inside the SOURCE folder, there is a subfolder called Changed source for external projects.
The Memor32 SaveGame Manager does not like this folder name, rename it to simply Changed.
Now run the Memor32 SaveGame Manager, and you'll see BOOT under the computer section, as an available saved game to restore. This is not really a saved game, but check the box next to it, and click Restore. The program will continue to load this to the Memor32 card, and show a progress bar to show the percentage of completion. When it's done, close the SaveGame Manager and disconnect the Memor32 from the PC.
5. Then place the Memor32 card into the Playstation 2 slot 1 memory card slot, and also plug the USB flash drive into the top USB port on the Playstation 2. Then, turn on the Playstation 2 and hold down the R1 button on the Player 1 controller. You will come to a basic looking screen with a drive letter. Press the O button to choose O:. Then scroll to mass and press the O button again. Then, scroll to the FREE_MCBOOT.ELF file and press O again. The Playstation 2 will then load into Free Mcboot. Simply choose the Multi Install option and follow the prompts to install Free Mcboot to your Memor32 card. When it's done, you may power off the Playstation 2 and remove the USB flash drive. Now simply leave your Memor32 card in Slot 1 at all times.
Now when your Playstation 2 boots, it should automatically load the ESR menu to launch burned backup dvd's of your games (which should be patched using the ESR or Memento Patcher). A screen should come up with 3 options, choose “Launch CD/DVD”. If you do not have a disc in the Playstation 2, it will simply boot to the Free Mcboot menu and you may choose another option. If you'd like to insert a disc to play from this screen, simply insert the disc and choose ESR from the menu. Then, a new menu will eventually load, you must choose to launch CD/DVD. Sit back and let the game load and you're in!
Please stop creating multiple threads on the same topic.
sorry! people were getting confused as to what i was asking, so i posted new ones. is there a way for me to remove some of my threads? i'm not too savy on the site yet.