Great work yoshi, this is very cool ;)
Actually, i'm working hard with a Mips emulator in order to have the FNC_01 function of the decrypted elf to work.
Seems that i'm on the right way, but the work to check and adapt all code is very heavy...
i think you should try to adapt ps2unpack tool. as it halfway does what you want.
if you can find the source code, that is.
i'll write some more on the wiki soon, as soon as i get more info organized.
edit: i think i found the source code : http://www.psx-scene.com/forums/sony...2unpacker.html
Any relevant changes will be posted here until further notice. Please use the wiki to collaborate. Use the [discussion] tab to collaborate your thoughts, and the  tab to incorporate your knowledge. For detailed article progress, click the [history] tab. For a list of all existing articles, click HERE!
Release notes will also be posted here.
03/31/08 (8:30 pm PST):
- Added multi-language (French) support! (currently untested)
- Added Memor32 and Memento articles
- Working on skinned interface and LaTeX table support...
- Unlocked the main page editing privileges for registered users, while the donations page has been locked to SYSOPS setting.
03/31/08 (9:10 am PST):
- The wiki's account creation page now supports a captcha to prevent automated account creation.
- The wiki's primary pages are now restricted for editing only by registered members.
- The wiki's main page has been deeply secured, allowing only SYSOPS privileges.
- Donations are now welcomed to ensure that this project continues.
03/31/08 (2:00 am PST):
I must say, I really like the wiki,
Good job on it MikeTV and Yoshi :)
Would you mind editing your first post to redirect newcomers and non-devs HERE?
I've just finished to adapt mips code for running with PCspim MIPS simulator.
The FNC_01 function runs well, but it still some addresses to fix in order to have it run without exceptions. I will check this tonight as i have a lot of work today...
Check the asm file here : fnc_01.asm
If you run it with PCspim, be sure to Have checked Delayed branches/jump, delayed loads options.
Here's a little program to extract files from files.pak. Put it in the same dir as the pak and run it. Files seem to be encrypted or packed, except files in the img dir which are just 24-bit bitmaps.