The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Disc Swap Problems
Disc Swap Problems –
I seem to be having a problem with the disc swap method to install Free McBoot. Im afraid I dont have access to a modded console or swap discs.
I have tried several games, Burnout revenge, The Network Access Disc, and 4 that were listed on the post, Socom 2, Socom 3, Tony Hawkes Pro Skater 3 and finally Battlefield 2 Modern Combat.
I have also tried 7 different brands of media at different write speeds with both ImgBurn and DVD Decryptor. I have double and triple checked the correct procedure, size etc. I have tried a different version of uLaunchElf (With the correct size) to no avail.
A few things I should note:
- I have a PS2 Slim 90002 datecode: 8A (This is the one with the inbuilt power brick). This does not have 3 sensors! I have taken it apart and verified this, I have blocked the disc brake and jammed a peice of paper in the front switch, Games work like this for me.
- Im in the PAL Timezone, I notice most of you are using NTSC Discs.
- The Tony Hawkes demo name was different, It was a snowboarding game.
- Every time I try a swap, It results in the laser resetting to the center and after a few secs, I get the red Insert Disc Screen.
- When I swap in say, Battlefield in the main menu where there is backbround music, The music resumes and is read from the copy.
- I performed the swap with a straight copy of Battlefield which did not work.
- Im afraid I cannot find a local copy of 007: Agent under fire.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Stuff it. I got in touch with Rambooka here in NZ and have sent my MC to him for an install.
Stuff it? No reason to go off bro....
Originally Posted by defyboy
Sorry you have had problems with your install, but there are so many posts on this forum daily, that sometimes they get buried.
We just have not got to reading your post.. But I'm glad you have contacted one of are installers...
Site Mod / FMCB Installer