The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Booting fmcb installation with hdadvace 3.0?
Booting fmcb installation with hdadvace 3.0? –
I will receive hdadvance 3.0 very soon and I ordered it before I knew anything about fmcb. Is it possible to use it to boot fmcb installation since I dont have any other method of booting it?
you should be able to create a ISO for the installer, or another app... like uLaunchELF, swapmagic, cogswap ect...
just transfer the ISO from your pc to your ps2 hdd using the HDadvance dump program.
due to the fact i have not tried this myself i cant say for sure, but it should work..
you should then be able to run the installer, by following a guide.. guides at http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/
feel free to ask for any help once your discs arrive.
also once you get fmcb installed... you might want to add a HDLoader elf to your memcard. and you wont need to ever use hdadvance again
i think hdloader is better, but not 100% on that.
Last edited by Scrapy; 03-02-2009 at 04:16 AM.
I got HDadvance today. Note that my network adapter broke a few days ago. Is there any other way of booting it without putting it first on the hard drive?
Sorry, but there is not. HD Advance only works with HDDs. You could try sending a memory card to the people who do free FMCB installs.
Originally Posted by L8r8t
I usually have some network adapters for sale, but recently ran out.
I got a new network adapter and hard drive working with hdadvance 3.0. I tried a game and everything seems to work fine. Can you be more specific on how I can create fmcb iso?
If you are wanting a backup copy of your original games, you :
1. Get IMGBurn. ( http://www.google.com/ )
2. Rip the game to a folder on your PC, I use desktop / new game.
Creates an .ISO of your game.
3. Patch your game with : ESR DISK PATCHER http://forums.sksapps.com/attachment...gui-v0.24a.rar
4. And then Burn that Newly patched .ISO of the game with IMGBurn @ half of your DVD Burners speed.
5. Pop it in your PS2.
6. Restart your PS2 with your Memory card with FMCB in Slot 1 or 2.
7. It should AUTO Load your backed up game...enjoy....DJ
But please stop playing when your fingers go numb. LOL
Since there is not a step by step tutorial for this yet, I'll summarize what you need to do.
1. get the "uLE v4.38 boot CD ISO.zip" file located at the bottom of the first post of the thread linked below.
2. install the ISO to your HDD with Winhiip 1.76, or HDL Dumb (please read these programs documentation and tutorials at sksapps fi you aren't familiar with them. You can format your entire PCs system HDD if you're not careful)
3. put "The Free McBoot Noobie Package" onto a compatible USB flash device. (see link below for known compatible devices thread)
4. run the uLE ISO that you installed to the HDD, and then browse to the file located on the USB device named FREE_MCBOOT.ELF. Press the "O" button on the controller while that file is selected to boot the installer Then you can reference everything after step 2 in the FMCB noob guide.
** If you need help understanding how to use uLE, read it's documentation linked to below.
After this installation is complete you will no longer need the HD Loader disc at all as, a more compatible patched version of HDL is included in the FMCB noobie package.
Any mod that wants to add this to the FMCB tutorials section and or modify it is welcome to do so.
I followed all you steps and I managed to get uLE v4.38 boot CD ISO to the hard drive. When I run it from my ps2 I get a black screen. btw I have a 120gb hard drive and winhiip 1.7.6 did not allow me to format it to 48-bit
48 Bit. is only for 120GB and larger HDD's.
How come I get a back screen when I run uLE iso from ps2?