Another FMCB ? w/ modchip ...almost got it
Sorry guys to make you go through this again. I have been reading all the threads and tuts and still after a couple weeks can't seem to get this to work. To be honest the only thing I haven't tried is the ps1 mode tip I read. But I was hoping I could get a better idea on stuff.
Fat PS2 (older than the hills)
Magic III mod chip (still remember what a biatch to solder but got it done years ago)
Net adapter + 500gig drive
Official Sony 8meg mc
A few max 32meg mc
Free OsDatel Boot MC V1.1 (BETA).zip
Can launch backups from CDR with HDloader .08c (until laser to dies)
Can launch uLaunchelf when booting from CDR
Can launch uLaunchelf from CDR then launch HDloader elf .08c then backups
Can not launch some elfs not sure why, sms.elf = black screen (prob user error)
Can launch elfs from mc0: or mc1: or mass: some say wrong place (ps2link)
Some apps hang after starting FAPlink
(just to be clear on what I think this should do) Diskless boot my PS2 off Memorycard and insert boot options into the sony boot screen, then load elfs like HDloader from usbkey or memory card.
I have downloaded so much stuff trying to get this to work I am not sure what I should be using. I tried following the FMCB 1.7 installer instructions but every time I turned on my ps2 nothing unusual happened its like nothing was different from no mem card/usb stick installed. I got some response (black screen on powerup) with the OsDatel 1.1 package but until I take the mc out I can not boot ps2.
Yes I checked CAPS on filenames.
edit: I have no internet at home so I am going back and forth trying to get this setup and I just saw dlanors post about putting everything on the memory card and then running the installer from there... I will try that when I go home.
1. I read that a mod chip needs to support dev modes needed to do memory card diskless booting but its not mentions in the 1.7 install guide.
2. I read that you need to put it in ps1 mode, do I need to do this every time I want to boot from MC or just when I run the installer or mcid program?
3. Comparing the FMCB to the OsDatel pack is there no mcid program anymore?
4. Do you have to use the MCboot flasher to load to the card or can you copy/paste them?
5. What are the XSIO2MAN etc modules?
6. Is there an IRX file for the modules to use the IDE drive instead of USB?
7. Do I need to use ESR.ELF since I have a mod chip? I have no idea what this is for.
8. Can I use freemcboot/hdloader.elf from just the mc and not a usb stick?
9. Whats the difference between mcboot and hdproject?
10. Do bulleted lists of questions annoy you? Sorry :)
Thanks for the help folks.