R598 - Info
Update only if you know what you are doing :)
Since these revisions, the configuration settings mode is completely changed. Have a look at this topic to learn more:
If you want to try it, you will have to re-enter your game config settings.
Configuration related to DNAS/VMC/DMA/COMPAT are now saved in single per game files on each media.
* per-game settings files are stored on each device. You can take your portable device everywhere, and keep the settings with the game easily.
* per-game settings files are stored on each device. Not a duplicate These devices are a lot faster to read/write than the MC (which is the location for the current global settings files).
* per-game settings files are stored on each device. Again That means for USB/ETH you can easily modify/backup/restore them on your personal computer.
* we won't read a single byte of these files until we really need it. For example, we will read one single game config file only when displaying the compatibility settings, or before running the game. Whereas global settings file are read at startup from the MC, and the whole file is saved on MC again when you modify a single game.
* each information contained into the new per-game config files can be used into the information screen. Thus you would be able to add a widget to display the compatibility flag on screen quickly, or displaying the DNAS id or VMC path, ...
* it require a migration tool to convert the old global setting file to the new scheme (see below)
* in the case, we ever add a feature that require to know the whole game list information, it will require to build it dynamically at will (but then it can be cached). However, as said before, as these files are stored on devices, it will not be that slow.
WARNING: ADDITIONAL SETUP REQUIRED
For network mode, you have to set your share in read/write to allow the creation/modification on configuration files.
Please report me HERE any bugs.
To use the convert tool, download the oplconvert_bin.zip, unzip and read the README ;)
By the way, if you had already some config files with your own attributes definition (to use in the info page of the new themes), you can copy these files in their corresponding folder (related to the README, put them in either USB/ETH/HDD folders that you should create yourself), before running the convert tool. In that case the tool will merge them.
Note: thinner proposition to handle demo (or other uncommon case) is integrated. There is a new configuration item for each game (compatibility screen, use triangle) called "Custom ELF". You can enter whatever elf name is required to launch the demo/game. This is only needed when the startup ELF inside the ISO is NOT THE SAME as the game prefix (ex: SCES_xxx_xx). For example, the well known 4 Edges demo have a startup elf named "4EDGES.ELF'. In that case, name the ISO like this (for example):
Open the game compatibility screen, and put "4EDGES.ELF" as custom ELF. Now you can run it !
DEMO_001.00.The Black Lotus - 4 Edges.iso
I will try to test with my HD and I like the new way but VMC is a pain to re integrate :( but I do like that it loads faster now and custom ELF may come in handy too
Ok fine. But make a save of your "device". I mean, save everything (ART, VMC, CFG files if you were already using some, ...) in your +OPL partition, just in case of ...
Originally Posted by RandQalan
Can you send me your conf_opl.cfg too ?
If yes, zip/encrypt it, put it on some file share server, and send me the link/pass by PM.
It will be useful to test the convert utility. Thanks.
Not a problem I will just link here and I removed user name and password for my protection of course :D BTW these are my old config files
Had a backup of Official OPL .8 added it too
Sorry about double post but this is kind of important the merge did not work before the 1k fix by jimmi i could not use xploder HD and after it worked with swith 1 and 6 on with most games now it do's not work anymore with yours added I think the merge screwed up but just a guess please look into it.
If it is a bad merge 1k models will not be able to use most recent revision now too so not just me :D
Scratch that is just checked DL source and merge worked and jimmi fix is their don't know what is causing it then
I updated the first post.
Added the convert tool.
Thank you for your files. By the way, there is one error in your VMC config file:
I hope (guess) you edited your file some day ? Or it is a really strange value (some kind of writing file corruption) you had here. It should be impossible to have a "C0" as mc slot ...
Invalid value: SLUS_213.34_2_C0=GAA in file: conf_vmc.cfg
For your bug report, as you said, the merge was fine (I double checked it too in the sources before). So try to refine what is really happening in your case.
Well I have been beta testing OPL a long time some possible errors from long time ago good to know thou thanks for the tool and the work
About the cracked Xploader HD it worked until your update I think it may be your changes either are using more memory during game or still active during game itself and has memory conflict it locks up on games that normally worked and on a few that it worked on before will black screen on me but my old ELF before the update they worked fine
Update found the problem when build with out VMC it done leaves something behind don't know what but VMC type works ok with Xploader HD
but when I build without VMC has the problem of using more memory that conflicts:crazy:
but what is funny VMC build didn't work before that to me is strange to change but nice to find that strait build will work :D
No problem with your changes the VM I use you must close terminal and change VMC = 1 to VMC = 0 then start terminal again to correctly compile No VMC OPL
this is all my fault sorry about bad bug report hominem.te.esse
first, I'm very happy to return to be active with OPL project.
convert my cfg files, and just do the first tests with USB and everything went very well. I had no problems with VMC. remembering that I have ps2 slim.
I will test tomorrow with the network.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I've updated to r598, converted my cfg files with the convertion tool and now none of the games work!
I can see the game list but when I try to launch one, it goes to black screen and that's it. I have to reboot the PS2. I'm playing through network.
EDIT: My god! today is not the best day for me! lol, I was using r591 conf_opl.cfg with r598... that caused the problem.
Nonetheless r598 should work without any problem with a previous conf_opl.cfg.
In fact nothing had change in the content of this particulart file. Only conf_compatibility.cfg, conf_vmc.cfg and conf_dnas.cfg are now ignored (and saved instead into individual per-game files).
I wonder what was "really" the problem then ... you should maybe compare both old and new file if you still have them. But not really needed as it works now.