For theme designer
This tool is a conversion of OPL GUI engine in Java, so it can be used as a pretty accurate preview of your theme (however see the known bugs below).
To compile the latest sources
You can get the latest sources in attachment.
To compile an executable (a JAR file in fact) you will first require a JDK 6 (Java Development Kit):
Java SE Downloads - Sun Developer Network (SDN)
Click on "Download JDK". It looks like you need to logon now ?
And then you also need the "Ant" tool:
Apache Ant - Binary Distributions
Get the source on bitbucket, then use the following command line:
clean option will clean the compiled classes, build will rebuild the sources. exec will launch the tool from the compiled classes.Code:> cd oplutil > ant clean build exec
Finally you can make a distribution package:
You will get two zip under the "dist/version/", one containing the whole sources (-src), and one (-bin) which can be used for the usual users. This is the same dist package that I put here in attachment.Code:> ant dist
Once compiled, you can use the JAR on every system (linux, mac, windows), only with a JRE 6 (Java Runtime Environment), which you may have already installed.
To use the binary executable (attachment)
Save and extract the attachment on your system.
To launch it on windows:
* double click on the jar from your windows explorer
* or in a dos command window enter the following:
To launch it on linux/mac, I guess you should type the following into a terminal (meaning, there may be other ways to do this - GUI ? - but I don't know them):Code:cd oplutil java -jar oplutil.jar
Now, go to the preferences, and configure the path accordingly to your setup:Code:> cd oplutil > java -jar oplutil.jar
- path to your PS2SMB
- path to your temporary connected USB external HDD)
- path to your conf_apps.cfg (to have applications displayed)
- you can specify a custom language file and a custom ttf font file
- to automatically download Art, you need to define the URL to the psx-scene gallery. Use this value (for the moment): Official OPLv0.8 User Guides
Use the PC keyboards arrow keys to scroll through the list and change devices list.
Use I key to display the current game information. In this panel you will see errors concerning your game. Alternatively you can always display the game panel using the option in menu.
Clicking on the ESR logo will toggle the ESR patch on/off.
Clicking on the CD/DVD logo will toggle the media type from CD<>DVD.
- cover_overlay that use "shear" effect doesn't work nice. Only affine transform is used (java 2D API limitation, to solve this I should use 3D, which is way beyond my will ! Too complicated)
- no plasma effect (need to completely change the rendering, going from passive to active, and need some help from Volca to convert the perlin algorithm)
- problem with tooltips ... They don't show up correctly.
- add a rename/delete option for games
- scan iso/ul game to extract the game_code and rename accordingly the games
- option to convert a game from ul<->iso
- try to use hdldump to list game from the internal hdd in PS2 (so you can download art for them too)