OPL rev494 BSOD Bug
There's a new bug in the latest OPL rev494 and it is not to be taken lightly. Normally since OPL rev487 when there's no config for OPL found it should do the following:
1. If there is any MCs connected without a config set, then OPL will continue directly in "first start" mode.
2. If no MCs inserted at all, OPL will scan for config on alternate devices such as Internal PS2 HDD or USB HDD until success (OR you can press cross or circle to abort attempt and continue without any config set).
But in OPL rev494 the followings happens:
1. If there is any MCs connected whithout a config set, then OPL will not continue directly in "first start" mode. Instead, OPL will just stay on Black Screen. But if the MCs has a config set OPL will load it just fine.
2. If no MCs inserted at all, OPL will scan for config set on alternate devices such as Internal PS2 HDD or USB HDD if there's a config set found on those devices and it loads up just fine.
3. If there's no config set found on Internal PS2 HDD or USB HDD OPL will just stay on Black Screen even if you press cross or cirlce. If you press cross or circle, OPL should abort the attempt to scan for config file on alternate devices but instead, it just stay on Black Screen.
I hope this bug can be fixed in OPL rev495.:cry:
Thanks izdubar!:) I'm sorry for always being a pain in the ass...:(
Originally Posted by izdubar
Thanks to jimmi's help and ideas, things should now be fixed for alternate device start (and traditional mode too).
Alternate device mode is also a lot cleaner. Some things changed in the "rules", when no config for OPL is found:
- if there is any MCs connected, then OPL will continue directly in "first start" mode. Future saves will be on MC.
- if no MCs inserted at all, OPL will first start mass and try to read all the config files there. If success normal start continue.
- if the step above failed, OPL will start HDD and try to read all the config files there. If success normal start continue.
- if the step above failed, OPL will start with no config set (using default parameters, same as initial start with a MC). However, OPL will stay in "alternate mode", and will use mass (if present) to save the future config files. It will use HDD to save config file if no mass present.
thanks for the update, I'll give it a try.
Thanks izdubar and jimmikaelkael!:)
After 3 long hours of testing OPL rev497, I can say that this is the best revision of OPL. New features are working as it should. BSOD bug from OPL rev494 have been fixed. Thanks Guys!