I just tried to reproduce the bug, but i did not have the same problem as you did:
- you have enough games that the game list must scrollable, also the menu must be static. I have over 150 games listed, yes its Static menu
- scroll down to a game that is about bottom of the game list. did that
- open the compat-mode window. did that
- select all modes and save.did that
- scroll to another game and open the compat-mode window. scrolled to next down in list...did that
- select some modes but not all one, then close the compat-mode window. did that
- open a game that is next to the current game in the list.chose next game down in list
Actual: The game you selected does not load, instead another game is loading that is near the selected game. game chosen loads OK
Expected: The selected game loads. the expected game loads OK
It is not finished.
- Reopen the open ps2 loader. did that
- scroll down to the games that you saved compat modes before. did that
- check the compat modes you saved.did that
Actual: the games' compat-mode settings that you saved before is different.
the saved modes are the same as what i chose.
I did this in the SMB games list, but not for USB, you do know that each loader uses its own save per game in that loader and not for the other one, right?
Oh, and im using a PS2 unmodded for testing....its a V4 console, maybe theres something with that causing a bug for you.